“Hometown highlight”

Maid-Rite
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 21, 2017

The other day I met a man from Florida that was giving his wife a tour of his boyhood town as he had not been back to Greenville for 50 years. He was so excited and amazed that the Maidrite was still here! Of course they went in and had a Maid-Rite. He related that he used to eat 5 sandwiches and on that day he only had one sandwich with a beer! Every summer I take my out of town grandkids here so we can eat Maid-Rites and then put a piece of gum on the outside wall. Where else can a kid put chewed gum on a wall and NOT get in trouble? You either LOVE Maid-Rites or not. There are a few other choices on the menu like a Big Jim. They have the best milkshakes in town including peanut butter shakes. This legendary restaurant is known for miles around and a "must do" on your trip to Greenville and will be easy on your wallet!

Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

I stopped in to see what all the hype was about. Sure enough it was busy at 6pm. Wait wasn't too bad. Tasty little burgers! Have to stop in and enjoy!

Reviewed May 25, 2017

Maid-Rites are the best. Make sure to get them with cheese. Bring your gum to stick on the outside of the wall. Some people even stick a penny in the gum. Enjoy with your favorite beverage.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

The Maid Rite hamburger has been rated as the best in Ohio on several surveys,although it's a loose meat sandwich. When you want a Maid Rite burger nothing else will satisfy you. My wife and I had not had a Maid Rite for a couple years, it was a nice day for a ride so we decided to take a trip to Greenville and get some. We were not disappointed. The sandwiches were just as good as we remembered. They are not sure how or when the tradition started, but customers stick their gum on the outside walls. So, if you want to be a part of the tradition, be sure to be chewing gum when you arrive.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

If you like crumbled ground beef on a bun, then this place is for you, if you can stand the chewing gum all over the outside walls, its not my favorite place to eat, but my wife loves it and it gives us a chance for a quick getaway, but their milkshakes are awesome