“excellent night”

Ranked #1 of 226 Restaurants in Kettering
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2018

thr food was outstanding service was excellent every one was very impressed with quality of ingredients a very outstanding night

1  Thank martin l

Reviewed July 9, 2018

My wife booked a table for my family of four (all adults) for my birthday. I've been here before and mentioned more than once that this was my favourite local place to eat and my wife remembered. I can tell you that the food, service and company made for the best meal I've had in a very long time. Lasagne is one of my favourite meals and here it is simply beautiful. My daughters loved the food and the cocktails and the staff were friendly, helpful and charming. We all loved the evening and can't wait to come back.

1  Thank nigelgoodman
Reviewed July 4, 2018

Drove out of Kettering, to explore the area and hopefully find a nice village pub for lunch.
Found ourselves in Burton Latimer and saw the "Lunch Offer" board outside this restaurant.
Thought we'd take a chance. So glad that we did.
Greeted on arrival by the charming "Autumn" who seated us in the bar/foyer, then brought drinks while we perused the menus. Our questions about certain menu items were answered knowledgeably.
Selected our choices from the 2-course lunch menu and were then shown to our table.
Both courses were excellent and prepared to perfection. Although we had arrived 20 minutes before closure, at no time were we hurried or pressurised to finish.
Autumn took great care of us and was an absolute delight.
Good customer care skills can be hard to find, but not here.
Will certainly return to this excellent restaurant and, next time, will sample the evening menu.

1  Thank StevenageFullEnglish
Reviewed July 1, 2018

We went for dinner for our first wedding anniversary as we saw the reviews on tripadvisor.

Service was first class as the first table we were shown too was by the door but they had no problem moving us. The barman was great when we first arrived & had a drink before we sat down.

Food was very good, very tasty, looked good & was well presented.

We will definitely be back as was perfect.

1  Thank gumuth1979
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

I thought it was about time I wrote a review of this excellent local eatery, so here it goes having such an excellent restaurant on your door step you tend to take it for granted but this place has been delivering top quality food for decades now,it has always felt to me that you are sitting someone's front room to eat but I suppose that adds to it's charm. On to the food my usual is the calves liver starter but I went for the special of seared calamari which was delicious my wife also had the same in fact we wished we could of had it for a main it was that good. For the main course my better half had the lasagne which she found a little disappointing tasty enough but lacking in meat and too much pasta, I went for the pan-fried cod and chargrilled Mediterranean veg it was excellent, all in all another lovely evening at this local gem. The staff as always are a joy. We will be back soon.

1  Thank ScotTour15