The Lindisfarne Inn
US$90
Queens Head Hotel(Berwick-upon-Tweed)
US$117
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Berwick upon Tweed(Berwick-upon-Tweed)(Great Value!)
US$58
Agoda.com
US$172
US$160
US$116
All reviewsholy islandwinter breakmotel stylewinter dealate heremain buildingsunday lunchpub grubhuge bedan evening meallovely mealbed and breakfastgreat showerhaggerston castlecooked breakfastfull english breakfastnorthumberland coast
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Just had a very reasonably priced overnight stay at this Inn and would recommend it without reservation to anyone wanting to use it as a base for exploring the wonderful castles and seaside villages in the area. The rooms are well-equipped and peaceful with everything one would expect - hairdryer, tv, hospitality tray, WiFi, etc. Beds firm and very comfy. Good shower.
My fish and chips was beautifully presented, and was quite the freshest, best-cooked fish and chips I have had in ages. As I never cook fish and chips at home, this is always a high spot for me when I see it on a menu! The sticky toffee pudding would have fed an army and was delicious. Black Sheep Beer was good. Plenty of veggie options. Cooked breakfast was terrific. Very good value for money. Pleasant staff and friendly welcoming atmosphere. The Lindisfarne Inn deserves to flourish.

Room Tip: The rooms are in a separate building from the inn which involves a very short walk across a yard. I had an upstairs room which I suspect gets more natural light and a view than the downstairs rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is the second year we have had a 3 day winter break here. £99 each for 3 days dinner, bed and breakfast. Bargain. The food however is far better than one might expect. We were fortunate to be there on Valentine's night and had the special dinner ( at no extra cost and with a free bottle of wine as well). The meal was one of the best I have had anywhere for a long time. The rooms are in a separate block and importantly even during some of the coldest weather the room was warm. The staff were friendly. And the beer was good. Thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I have just had a three day winter with my partner at this hotel and would certainly recommend it to anybody visiting this area of the north east of England. The hotel is old world charm throughout with excellent meals in with the price, large potions with any selection from the menu. The rooms are in a separate building from the hotel and had just been renovated, with the largest bed I have ever had in a British hotel.the usual extras supplied - tea and coffee making,hairdrier, flat screen television and a large shower cubicle, no bath. Centrally located for visiting Newcastle,Berwick,Bamburgh,Wooler,Alnwickand of course Lindisfarne itself.
plenty of free parking.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jack W
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I do not know where to start! My husband and I, and our little dog just got back from three nights at The Lindisfarne Inn on one of their Winter Break deals (99.50 per person for 3 nights which included room, breakfast, and a two course evening meal).

From initial communication with Al, I had a sense that this would be a very pleasant stay - he was great at getting back to me with anszwers to my questions quickly. On checking him I met Al in person, very helpful and professional.

Our room was lovely - HUGE bed that made sleep far too easy and a desk/dressing table, tv with freeview channels, kettle with well stocked tea and coffee and biscuiits tray, hairdryer. I always like to have a sofa in a room and indeed there was one here too. Bathroom was very clean and the shower was AMAZING!!!!

The food at the Inn is amazing, during our stay we got through sea bass, rib eye steak, kind prawns and chorizo, and a wonderful mushroom starter. All the food was amazing. Whoever the chef is there is a hidden gem. The waiting staff and front of house staff were all very polite, helpful and gave excellent customer service.

I have to give a special mention to Brenda the cleaner. Saturday night I had left my purse in the bar by accident (no I wasnt not under the influence!) - my purse had over 400 cash in and my cards and was handed in by Brenda - for which I cannot thank her enough. I do not usually carry such a large amount but knew we had the bill to pay and a few gifts to buy. Brenda was a star and very very humble when I thanked her for what I find is quite rare at times in these days.

I do not know it is is good management, good recruitment or what but this Inn has is spot on. In other places we have stayed we often here staff grumbling and complaining but all we could here outside of our window was sounds of enjoyment! They seem very much like a team, and were all friendly ( lets face it there is usually one grumpy one - but not here!).

Al, who was there for breakfast, lunch and evening meal provided an excellent service and was a warm host and again provided above and beyond our expectations. When we wanted to watch the France v England game the bar was very full and we did not want to disturb those dining as it was packed in there. However, we also didnt want to watch it in our room as we quite fancied a few beers too - so Al kindly put it on the big screen in the back room there and we watched it and enjoyed a lovely lunch too.

I cannot fault this Inn in anyway, despite all its many good points it was the customer service that stood out as above and beyond everything else. These are a wonderful bumch of staff and I truly hope that when we return in November they will all still be around.

Thank you SO much!
Karen, Gary and Salsa x

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground floor room - Room 1 which was right next to the hotel entrance but not at all noisy. The car park is nearby and has more than adequate parking.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I have been here three times and every time has been great. The rooms are comfortable and very tidy, Free wi-fi available in all rooms. The food here is of a high standard and the staff cannot be faulted for their friendliness and efficiency.Look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo