“Good food , bar shocking”

Magdalene Fields Golf Club
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Came today for Sunday carvery after reading great reports on it . Food was amazing , great choice of vegetables, 3 meats and loads of puddings .
The lass serving us was really friendly chatty to myself and 2 little boys .
Went to bar to order drinks as waitress told us it was seperate .
How rude!
Miserable older lady , very abrupt , also a man far too busy chatting and discussing football than serving the paying customer .
I'm sure this club should recruit new bar staff or they should take a note from the restaurant staff and paint a bloody smile on. Faces .
Us buying drinks actually pays your wages .
Will return but next time will not buy a drink from the bar will stick to coffee

Reviewed 1 April 2016

Attended the Captain's Party as a guest of my brother who is a member of the club.

Evening buffet was superb, a brilliant selection of freshly prepared food with something to satisfy most tastes. If this is typical of the normal restaurant offerings then the Fairways is well worth a visit. Amazing location too with great views over the golf course to the North Sea.

Reviewed 6 March 2016

The Sunday lunch here is so so tasty, you should never pass this by. The staff are friendly and cant do enough for you. Even if you are just popping in for a drink you are always made to feel welcome.

Reviewed 24 December 2015

We visited this club with another family , after looking around the club it was seen to be very tired looking and ready for an input of cash to replace chairs and tables , after eating the disgraceful cavery consisting of hard vegetables and tough under cooked fatty meat I was targeted to remove my cap which I had been wearing one hour into the visit to the club , after speaking to the obnoxious guy claiming to be the owner person we then left feeling very disappointed with the the club ! After looking around the club there was other visitors including the chef to be wearing caps ! I ask why was I targeted so if you wear a cap you will not be welcome at this club once you have paid your money !

1  Thank Derek W
Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

Took the family for meal after dropping stuff into caravan. Once again tried the muckle burger. .oh my god what a meal and what value. The wife had fantastic serving of scampi and the kids just a toastie.
Trust me you stay in Berwick you must eat here great quality great service and great value.

1  Thank Shaun M