All reviews complimentary breakfast is great hotel plenty of parking would stay here again room was clean business trip other hotels in the area hotel staff close to downtown nice place to stay king bed shopping and restaurants easy access first floor staff was friendly waffles pool and hot tub
Reviewed April 3, 2018

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Myrtle Beach last week. We were ready to get off the road and usually Hampton Inns are very good. The room was very nice and clean, the bed however was not very comfortable at all. I was really surprised as most Hampton Inns all have pillow top beds. Well, this is not true. Anyway, everything else was fine - just the darn bed was pretty uncomfortable.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Fisher2880, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

bikerbabe77,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate all guest comments.
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

Everything was great, nice room and nice breakfast. Everything was very clean. I would stay here again and recommend it to my friends and family for a great place to stay. Close to shopping and great places to eat.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Fisher2880, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

bdingess,
Thank you for your review of a recent stay with us. We appreciate all guest feedback.

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

We checked in rather late and was offered 2 Queens or 1 King bed. We opted for a king bed but when we got to the room it was handicap accessible and no tub. We wanted a tub so we went back to the front desk and they gave us another room. When we got to the room it was an upgrade with a jetted garden tub at no additional cost. Good breakfast with hot options to choose from.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

2014B,

We want to say thank you for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Reviewed March 14, 2018

Just flew into John Glenn airport to pick up a newly renovated show RV at CMI and I arrive earlier than expected but that wasn't a problem here at this Hampton Inn. The young lady quickly checked me in and I went to my room and thoroughly inspected it. Everything was as expected and in tip top order. The wifi was good, the room was clean and the beds were comfy. There was a coffee pot, fridge, microwave but I couldn't get my TV remote to work. Well needless to say as soon as I told the front desk, the maintenance man was there promptly and in no time to speak of whatsoever, he fixed it and it worked for the rest of my stay.
Time for an early lunch and a take home dinner I walked outside only to find well over a half dozen different restaurants and fast food joints not to mention a Walmart right across the street. There was a Five Guys, Steak n Shake, Sonic, Panda Express, Wendy's, Roosters Chicken and a White Castle almost sharing the parking lot. A McDonalds and Burger King down the street I think too.
Well I went back to the room and put the dinner sack in the fridge and I ate my lunch while watching a great action flic, Enemy of the State. Washed it all down with a couple of cold ones I acquired at the Valero across the street and took a nap.
I have to also mention the indoor pool and hot tub that was available as well as a fitness room. This is one to write down in the travel books You'll want to keep this one in mind. Great hotel in a great area. I called for a LYFT the next morning and they were there in no time at all. So the next time I'm in Columbus Ohio I will be DOING IT AGAIN HERE at this Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Call Ahead
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Cliffsiler,

We really appreciate your review our a recent stay with our property. Even when you experienced a bump in the road, I was happy to see that our staff rose to the challenge and was able to accommodate your requests/needs.

Reviewed March 12, 2018

The hotel is in a good location. The hotel and room amenities are nice and well kept. We experienced a poor night sleep due to the firm mattress and noisy room location. (232) We probably wouldn't stay here again due to the mattress.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Fisher2880, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

MGM_Grand_2011,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to see that you liked the hotel in general. I am sorry that the mattress not to your liking.