All reviewsstayed hereolder hotelbreakfast standardmemorial day weekendsleeper sofaroom was cleanwaffle housein townhotel staffnice hotelstaff was very friendlyone night stayfront desk staffcolumbusinterstatebusinessesmicrowave
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had been to a Cincinnati Reds game, and stopped here on our way to the Cleveland area to visit her mom. Comfort Inn is not my favorite chain, but I've usually found it to be clean and adequately comfortable.

We were greeted well at the desk; they were prepared with our reservation, and we were quickly off to our room. The room was in good order, and since it was late already, we prepared to turn in. It wasn't long before we began to notice the loud noise of doors closing up and down the hallway. I'm not a stranger to such noise in hotels, but these were louder than usual. And they became increasingly more frequent as the night progressed.

It was hard to get to sleep and usually, when I'm asleep, not much wakes me up. Not so this night! After waking up multiple times with doors slamming and sounds of youthful voices, at 2 am I stepped into the hall to see what was going on. Two young boys (maybe 9-12 in age) were entering the room next to us -- which seemed to be HQ for a youth baseball team! I asked about adults, and the boys said something about them going to the store.

I returned to the room and called the front desk, telling the staff about our problem. Within a few minutes, I could hear a voice in the hall that sounded like the front desk staff to whom I had spoken. I didn't hear anything else and slept soundly until about 6, when doors started banging shut again.

I thanked hotel staff before we left for successfully addressing the problem of un-supervised young boys. However, the problem goes deeper to the door design and/or installation. I would think there would be some kind of dampening device that could be installed...?

(BTW, the front desk staff discounted our room 30% which eased the loss of sleep a bit.)

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
n p, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2017

Dear Clair,

Thank you for the honest feedback. We're truly sorry to hear about the negative experience you had! We are always look for ways to continually improve our guest experience and it is through direct feedback like yours that we are able to do so. I apologize that we missed the mark on our service standards. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back and show you the true experience. Please let us know the next time you are in the city so we can ensure a perfect stay.

(614)-539-3500

Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

I travel and stay at hotels 125plus nights a year. The gal at the reception desk Nila stood out above all. She was pleasant, upgraded my room, and gave me good information of area restaurants. The room a suite was clean, nice desk area, refrigerator and overall very comfortable. It pays to have good personal because I see more with attitudes than the warm welcome from Nila.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
n p, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2017

Thanks for the perfect review, Michael!

We're delighted to hear that you had such an exceptional stay with us! It's wonderful that you enjoyed your room and that everything was comfortable for you. We sincerely appreciate your choosing our hotel and wanted to say 'Thank You' for your complements. Your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service! We would love to welcome you back in the near future! Please feel free to reach out to the hotel directly or my email gm.oh432@choicehotels.com for any future bookings!

Thank you very much!

Reviewed April 5, 2017

This hotel has recently been remodeled and is in excellent condition. Even the stairwells were clean and the paint was still intact.
It appears that the rooms were expanded in the remodel and they are spacious for this amount of money.
The bathroom was clean and had a new vanity, sink combination with new lighting. The lighting was superior to most of the motels I have stayed in recently. I needed to apply eye drops and the lighting was places so I could clearly see my face and eyes.
The one short coming in the new bath design is a lack of towel racks. The towels are stored under the vanity with no place to hang them in use.
The staff was very helpful and seemed well trained.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor but the location was far enough away from the interstate to be quiet on all floors. They have an elevator
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
n p, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2017

Dear William,

(614)-539-3500

Reviewed January 22, 2017

Needing only one night while returning home after a week away for work, we were pleased to find a Comfort just off the interstate and so close to dining and fuel. Everything here was very, very nice. Decor is neutral and soothing, good lighting throughout, pleasant lobby area, good parking. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. Temperature easy to maintain. Coffee maker and micro-fridge always a plus. Linens and bath towels were of high quality. Bathroom immaculate and the shower was among the top five in recent memory (on the road 150+ nights per year). Breakfast was basic and nicely presented, well attended. We were among only a handful of quests and everything was quiet. Doors closed easily which is nice (a previous hotel had ones that did not latch without a slam, very poor design). I thought the gentleman at the desk a little less attentive than I am accustomed to in a hotel (something on television always kept him interested) although we did not wait for service and he was friendly enough. Great value. We would be happy to stay here again should we be back in this area.

Room Tip: No noise issues for us, on first floor facing highway
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2016

Stayed for one night prior to a charity race. Rooms were updated and my 2 queen bed suite was very nice. TV, fridge, and microwave included along with a sofa and coffee table. Tiled entryway was very nice. Everything was clean and organized in the bathroom. Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo