“Great place to stay”
Review of Redbrick House

Redbrick House
Ranked #5 of 14 Mansfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We stayed in Moshannon lodge for a Mon - Fri break. This was a very clean and comfortable lodge and we had a lovely time here. The hot tub was very relaxing after a days walking in the surrounding forests. We chose this lodge as we took our dog. The only gripe i have is that as soon as we got there they told us dogs are not allowed on beds and although i understand this it should have been stated then we could have made other arrangements as our dog didnt settle as used to being with us and i never slept for two nights so felt rough for a couple of days. The hotel serves lovely food and the service was brilliant all staff were very polite.
I would strongly suggest a visit to Clumber park as this was so beautiful and serene i could have walked miles round this park.
Overall i would recommend the lodges to anyone looking to holiday in Nottinghamshire and also recommend Nottinghamshire itself as we are now contenplating moving there eventually.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mandimoow

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stayed in the "Lakeview" log cabin, one of three situated around the back of the hotel. They are in the process of building a fourth. The cabins were clean and nicely furnished with log fire and free view tv and wonderful hot tub. The only gripe was the amount of logs they provided. The had provided a small amount of logs free of charge, but they didnt last very long, we did ask where you could buy more logs from and the reply was that they would last us all weekend.
We went for a meal in the hotel restaurant, and we were told that all the tables were reserved so they offered us a tiny table in the bar. Whilst we were eating our meal we couldnt help but notice that not many people turned up!!!! It was a shame as the food was really good.
Another point for improvment would be to provide some sort of safety gate to the top of stairs for people staying with small children, as the childrens bedroom is located on the first floor, and the master bedroom is on the ground floor.
Overall the short break was good, and we would return.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank BAZA MC
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Spent a night there as it was my christmas work do..We were asked to pay for room on arrival (every other hotel is on departure) and I now know why. We were very very dissapointed with the quality of the room... e.g. a drilled hole in wall for tv aerial cable...no socket just a gaping hole, wadrobe drawer could not open as hit radiator, a lamp that came on and off at will, freezing cold even with radiator on(top half warm), bathroom door that would not close. When I went to ask for heater to be taken to room I was asked to wait. On receptionists return I was handed a huge dirty electric heater so then I climed two flight of stairs back to my room (Cheers)...customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Pride myself on northern hospitality but saw none of it. Due to party night the function room bar was heaving so myself and three colleagues went to get drinks from hotel bar (as I was a resident) only to be told they would not serve us as they needed the glasses... why they could not be taken back after they were washed ??? maybe due to fact hotel bar was cheaper than function room bar...was not even given option to drink them in the bar just not served. Left party early as room was dire for accustics, to sit in bar once again only to be told rudely at 11pm it was closed...so much for being a resident.Then overheard comments by staff clearing up about wishing they could just tell us to clear off. Breakfast on a sunday 8-9am (and strictly 8 - 9am) I was told by many people this was a good hotel with high standards...but it's seriously let down by attention to detail dated decor and severe lack of customer service...seemed to be get as many in function room as pheasable possible and blow it... they already had our money up front remember.
I loathe negative reviews normally but was so so dissapointed with how myself and colleagues were treated, could understand if we were roudy or drunk but this was definately not the case, we were out for an end of year get together to say well done for out hard work...will not be going back here. Seriously needs an update on the decor, payment policy and staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank annette t
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Chose hotel initially on closeness to Forest because we planned to cycle the Sherwood Pines trails. We didn't expect much but was amazed at what we got for our money. The room was immaculate, tv & shower superb. The bar & restaurant decor was very funky not oldy worldy. A must have was the seafood combo to share - to die for !!! The staff were very helfpul & chatty. Yummy all english for breakkie with plenty of coffee.All in all a wonderful experience but you must take a look at the pine lodges at the rear of the hotel - they are just amazing. We are currently trying to book one of them for early next year for a short break.

Room Tip: We booked through booking.com
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2011

My partner booked this as a birthday surprise for me, We had A Huge room with a four poster bed and a view to die for.
The bed was very comfortable and the room was spotlessly clean..
We dined in the restaurant in the evening but to be honest I didn't really see the difference between dining in there or at the bar, it was all one room with a partition wall. , A little overpriced in comparison especially as my starter and main course came from the bar menu but were charged the same price as the restaurant meals ( the meal i wanted from the restaurant menu was sold out so they substituted it with similar from the bar menu )
After saying that the food was very good as was the service so I would not see this as a complaint but more of an observation.
The hotel is situated in large open gardens so nice for an evening stroll down to the lake. There is ample parking space too

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2010

I stayed just one night, I had been looking for a cheap B&B in Mansfield as I had a business meeting the next day. This hotel was on offer - a half price room was cheaper than the cheapest B&Bs. I'm so glad I booked in here - most of the B&Bs in the area aren't much cheaper than the full price Redbrick House prices but they are disgusting - I've been in them before! This hotel was very clean, a huge bedroom - lovely modern and clean, and there was a large bar and restaurant for the evening with a very nice menu. The setting of this hotel is beautiful, in the middle of the countryside. I really enjoyed my stay, it was a real treat.
The room also had wi-fi which worked a treat.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2009

this B&B is also a restaurant, pub and function room. its right in the country near sherwood forest which is what we wanted and the B&B is quite good value for the standard. its in the style of an old houe - the rooms are on 3 floors.

We were at the top in room 6. The room was a fair size and newly refurbed so nice and clean - flat screen tv and dvd player, kettle etc. bathroom was big and good shower.
the only issues were that the bed was a bit soft for my liking and also the walls are quite thin so both nights i was woken up at about 1am by guests next door who'd been at a wedding reception in the function suite.

The staff are all really friendly and the food in both the pub and restaurant is nice and reasonably priced, as are the bottles of wine. Breakfast was also very nice, served til 9am.

all in all a very pleasant stay - i would return but i'd take my ear[lugs incase i was unlucky with the neighbours again!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple