Redbrick House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Clifton Hotel(Mansfield)
View Hotel
Travelodge Mansfield Hotel(Sutton in Ashfield)
  • Pool
Twin Oaks Hotel(Palterton)
View Hotel
All reviewshot tublakeview lodgeunderfloor heatinglog burnerliving areared brickhouse restaurantmixed grillon arrivalmaster bedroomfridge freezersherwood forestfantastic lodgemaintenance manmon fri breakmin drivepleasant visit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed here for one night. Arrived late to find the restaurant had just closed, but the staff kindly made some sandwiches which was greatly appreciated as I was starving:) Bar prices were pretty good and as I mentioned the staff were pleasant and very helpful.
My room was clean and comfy, a little dated but not unpleasant.
Breakfast was table service and very tasty, again served with a smile.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Stayed for 3 nights whilst on Business, it was lovely, will be returning on pleasure! Food lovely, the breakfasts had the best fried eggs I had every had!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We stayed in Moshannon lodge for a Mon - Fri break. This was a very clean and comfortable lodge and we had a lovely time here. The hot tub was very relaxing after a days walking in the surrounding forests. We chose this lodge as we took our dog. The only gripe i have is that as soon as we got there they told us dogs are not allowed on beds and although i understand this it should have been stated then we could have made other arrangements as our dog didnt settle as used to being with us and i never slept for two nights so felt rough for a couple of days. The hotel serves lovely food and the service was brilliant all staff were very polite.
I would strongly suggest a visit to Clumber park as this was so beautiful and serene i could have walked miles round this park.
Overall i would recommend the lodges to anyone looking to holiday in Nottinghamshire and also recommend Nottinghamshire itself as we are now contenplating moving there eventually.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mandimoow
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stayed in the "Lakeview" log cabin, one of three situated around the back of the hotel. They are in the process of building a fourth. The cabins were clean and nicely furnished with log fire and free view tv and wonderful hot tub. The only gripe was the amount of logs they provided. The had provided a small amount of logs free of charge, but they didnt last very long, we did ask where you could buy more logs from and the reply was that they would last us all weekend.
We went for a meal in the hotel restaurant, and we were told that all the tables were reserved so they offered us a tiny table in the bar. Whilst we were eating our meal we couldnt help but notice that not many people turned up!!!! It was a shame as the food was really good.
Another point for improvment would be to provide some sort of safety gate to the top of stairs for people staying with small children, as the childrens bedroom is located on the first floor, and the master bedroom is on the ground floor.
Overall the short break was good, and we would return.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank BAZA MC
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Spent a night there as it was my christmas work do..We were asked to pay for room on arrival (every other hotel is on departure) and I now know why. We were very very dissapointed with the quality of the room... e.g. a drilled hole in wall for tv aerial cable...no socket just a gaping hole, wadrobe drawer could not open as hit radiator, a lamp that came on and off at will, freezing cold even with radiator on(top half warm), bathroom door that would not close. When I went to ask for heater to be taken to room I was asked to wait. On receptionists return I was handed a huge dirty electric heater so then I climed two flight of stairs back to my room (Cheers)...customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Pride myself on northern hospitality but saw none of it. Due to party night the function room bar was heaving so myself and three colleagues went to get drinks from hotel bar (as I was a resident) only to be told they would not serve us as they needed the glasses... why they could not be taken back after they were washed ??? maybe due to fact hotel bar was cheaper than function room bar...was not even given option to drink them in the bar just not served. Left party early as room was dire for accustics, to sit in bar once again only to be told rudely at 11pm it was closed...so much for being a resident.Then overheard comments by staff clearing up about wishing they could just tell us to clear off. Breakfast on a sunday 8-9am (and strictly 8 - 9am) I was told by many people this was a good hotel with high standards...but it's seriously let down by attention to detail dated decor and severe lack of customer service...seemed to be get as many in function room as pheasable possible and blow it... they already had our money up front remember.
I loathe negative reviews normally but was so so dissapointed with how myself and colleagues were treated, could understand if we were roudy or drunk but this was definately not the case, we were out for an end of year get together to say well done for out hard work...will not be going back here. Seriously needs an update on the decor, payment policy and staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends