“perfect!”

Ranked #1 of 13 Mansfield B&B and Inns
Key West, Florida
“perfect!”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

the best deal in town and the best service. we have stayed there twice and intend to make it our regular place to stay. they are very friendly and go out of their way to help... even packing a lunch to go if you leave too early for breakfast. rooms are great, food great, great location, best staff ever.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank graham h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stopped at this B and B as a stopover for a family get together in Mansfield, upon arriving we were told there was no lift an as such would be not suitable for an elderly member of our party. We had a bit of discussion and the rooms were re allocated without any fuss, we ended up with an extra room to house the party without having any stairs to climb; however the total bill stayed the same, thank you.

The hotel is set up as a B and B, but tries to offer a hotel service, so does neither convincingly i.e. it’s a little expensive for a B and B and does not have all the services of a hotel.

The rooms I looked in were a little twee and dated for me, however the basement room allocated to me was new and reasonably modern. However, it was too warm (with all radiators turned off), a noisy bathroom extract fan and a bed side light switch that you had to get out of bed to use?? I do not know who has been advising on the extensive extension work that has been carried out, but I would change them – I will leave it at that.

The hotel is clean and the staff friendly, we also had a drink in the bar which was ok as a bar, but a little slow. The breakfast was very good with good tasty bacon and plenty of toast; I would suggest however changing the coffee blend, it left a lot to be desired.

Would I stop here again, well no - unless I had to, it’s not me and as I said, it’s neither a B and B or a hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My room was far better than in many mainstream 4 star hotels and this hotel seems to only have two stars because there is no night porter (the owners live on site anyhow) and the rooms don't have telephones! My room had brand new furnishings and a stunning white and chrome emormous bathroom with the biggest of tubs. Very comfortable and spotlessly clean. The breakfst was good and the evening meal was well cooked and tasty from a suitably short menu. Good and inexpensive bar. My only gripe was that a large flat screen TV was permanently on in the restaurant and I prefer to not have to listen to TV when eating. Great value for money.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Better than its 2 star rating would have you think. Staff are accommodating if not beaming with smiles all the time (granted its a family business so they are onsite 24/7 you can forgive them for forgetting pleasantries every time you see them round the building). They really looked after us in the evening even though we ordered a late takeaway and sat in their dining room eating it. The bar is a fun addition to the building with a nice big screen tv and a couple of beers on tap at very affordable prices.
Breakfast was great - choice of hot meals from a menu plus a buffet for toast, cereal, juices etc.

The rooms were nice and homely (and toasty warm - it was a cold wet wintry night outside when we were there). Rooms are clean. Nice to have our own ensuite although the showers are power showers which i'm not a fan of (power being the non-operative word in their title).
The old front of the house is grand victorian and really nice to stay in. Huge windows and a lovely staircase.

Room Tip: Rooms 22 and 23 at the front of the house have nice big windows and are accessed from the grand stai...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
York
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I have stayed at Mansfield Lodge several times over the past year and have to say I would be hard pressed to criticize the hotel, particularly when considering the price. It's a small, family run hotel, very clean and generally everything works as it should. The only time that I have had cause to complain the matter was dealt with immediately. The food is good and I have never had to wait above 10 minutes before my meal ids delivered to the table.

If I were to make a negative comment at all it would be that there are phones in the rooms that I have stayed in and I can never get a signal on my mobile. I would certainly recommend the Mansfield Lodge and I will return time and again I am sure.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2011

booked last minute & price very reasonable. nice, clean place in good location with friendly staff. nothing negative to say. would recommend

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Needed to find somewhere close to a family function for my elderly parents so decided to opt for a small private hotel rather that travel further to one of our favoured branded hotel. We weren't disappointed. This hotel is very clean, well run and comfortable. The owners work hard to provide a great stay and are on hand to help in any way. Most inportant to us was that my parents enjoyed their room, filling hot breakfast and their stay at this great little hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
3.7 km away
Twin Oaks Hotel
#1 of 1 in Palterton
16.2 km away
Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf

Been to Mansfield Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!