“Very poor service ”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Carnarvon Country Pub & Kitchen serving great food
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

At 7.30pm on a Wednesday evening I had terrible service at the Carnarvan. I watched staff sat chatting at the bar, checking their phones and not the least bit interested in the clients sat at the tables. I watched how many people had to go and get their own drinks from the bar and get up to pay for their meal on their way out instead of having staff serve them. It was rubbish, second class standard. Such a shame as the staff here used to be very attentive.

3  Thank Emmmmmmmmmmmmma
TCarnarvon M, Manager at The Carnarvon Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Hi Emma,

Its really disappointing to hear that the service wasn’t up to our usual standard. I will certainly look into your criticisms and make it a priority to resolve them.

I am more than happy to discuss these issues further with you, if you so wish and do hope this one particular rare experience won’t stop you from returning in the future.

Kind regards,
Andrew (Manager)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Okay, so this is going to sound harsh... Why do we need potatoes cooked 4 ways? Boiled, mashed, roasted (already on your plate, so no choice) then chips on the table. Is this to make up for the rather boring veg dish? Told you it was going to sound harsh, but it was a little disappointing given the rest of the meal was super. My lamb was tender and tasty, a nice crunchy Yorkshire, a wedge of stuffing and a rich gravy.
I had cheese and biscuits for afters but others in our party had luscious looking puds.
This was a busy Easter Sunday but staff were still polite, cheerful and service was swift.
Can I forgive the potato excess? Of course
I can. Will I be back? Almost certainly.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had lunch here with family. The place was very busy. The choice of food was very big. Service was slow. Broccoli was hard and uncooked, carrots were overcooked, roast and new potatoes were soggy. Roast beef was overcooked and tough. Yorkshire pudding was fine.

TCarnarvon M, Manager at The Carnarvon Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Jane,

I`m really sorry to hear of your issues relating to slow service and poor quality of food. Hopefully you brought this to our attention with a manager on shift so we had the opportunity to rectify your complaint but if not, feel free to contact me at the pub so we can discuss in more detail.

I hope you can appreciate that a very busy business does hopefully suggest that we don't accept below average service on a regular basis and do strive to improve on feedback and criticism.

We do pride ourselves on giving great choice, great service and quality of dishes so both myself and staff will take your criticism on board and look into ways that we can improve for future visits for all.

Kind regards,
Andrew
The Carnarvon
(01623 559676)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went in a party of around twenty for a birthday celebration and had a great time here.
Very impressed with the extensive menu, so much to choose from. Each course was very well presented, cooked to perfection and came with a good choice of vegetables.

Thanks to all the staff who were so efficient and looked after us so well.
Can't wait to come again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here with friends twice in the past months, we booked before coming and we definitely needed to as it got really busy. There is so much to choose from really wonderfully cooked all fresh salad and vegetables with the meals which looked fab! Left with an full belly cant wait to come back again.

TCarnarvon M, Manager at The Carnarvon Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Another Happy Customer!

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

Much appreciated,
Andrew & The Carnarvon Staff.