“Evening out with friends”
Review of Cafe Rouge Witney

Cafe Rouge Witney
Ranked #13 of 109 Restaurants in Witney
Price range: US$1 - US$46
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Open all day, serving a delicious menu of classic French dishes; from steak frites and boeuf bourguignon to a selection of croques and baguettes.
Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

Easy to book on line very pleasant atmosphere excellent service and food my wife tried snails for the first time all round nice evening out, would recommend to anyone looking to eat out in Witney

1  Thank somalle2

Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

Visiting Witney my resident good friend suggested we have our ladies night at Cafe Rouge.
We received really excellent service from a very professional multi national handsome team. The Food was nicely presented and good. Our only criticism the charge for 4 glasses of wine aprox £31 which we felt excessive and 50 % of our total bill. However we will return - even if only to see the waiters!

Reviewed April 12, 2017

Had starters and mains here before and after, respectively, as excellent film at th enext door cinema!!

We both had the same, crab and avocado and toast with minute steak and french fries to follow some two hours later.

As you would expect from this chain that has done little wrong for over twenty years that I have been going to one branch or another around the country. The only difference was the extremely attentive and charming staff who found our eating times kind of funny but am sure many other people may split the meal as great for the digestion.

1  Thank Ustaritz
Reviewed March 30, 2017

I had arrived with a group of friends for a lunchtime treat and we had not booked. The restaurant was extremely busy but the Manager, who i later find out was called Andreas, was more than happy to accommodate us.
Once seated we were handed menu's by a lovely young lady called Joana who explained the menu as this was a new menu and also the set menu. Joana had also taken our drinks order that arrived swiftly. Our order was placed and the food arrived in good time as we all had to return to work afterwards.
Two of my friends had odered the Steak Frite which arrived with salad garnish and fries. This was a good sized portion and i felt it represented really good value for money at £13.50. Another of my guests ordered the Rouge Burger with Camembert. This was cooked just right, still juicy with beautful melted Camembert. I had ordered the Moules which also comes with Frites on the side. These arrived in a gorgeous Moules pot and were wonderful ad i really did enjoy them. After food we all ordered coffee's but i decided i would like to change my order from a cappuccino to a expresso so i quickly asked the man behind the bar if he could do this. The staff are extremely attentive and we couldn't of asked for anything else. I am looking forward to revisiting soon.

3  Thank V_Morgan2000
Reviewed March 29, 2017

Very unimpressed by the food. Had a beef bougnaine and it was mainly gravy. Small pile of mash, 2 carrots and very little meat swimming in huge amount of gravy. When I complained to the waiter, he said head office decides on the portions and brought me some bread to eat with the gravy!! Wouldn't recommend it at all!