All reviews the pub specials board steak nice toiletries nice atmosphere saturday night yorkshire pudding cooked to perfection duck wychwood brewery bed and breakfast comfortable stay full english booked a table both nights town centre main building
Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

Sunday afternoon, the clocks are back and the need for a late lunch again finds our two earnest vegetarians keen to find a restaurant where fish and fowel are available for their friend. Very comfortable seats, a warm welcome and swift attention.
Excellent soup of the day, leak, and the vegetarian mains halloumi salad (Warm Superfood Salad of Halloumi, Sweet Potato, Quinoa, Kale & Almond, Smoked Paprika Houmous£7.25 14.00) and couscous with pecans and pomegranates. (Maple-roasted Courgettes & Parsnips, Giant Couscous, Pecans & Pomegranate £13.00) were the best priced and portion sizes had for ages. 8/10. My own main, a board special, pan fried sea bass was certainly a fair sized portion but was too dry for me, 5/10. My search for a fish course to match the best catch of the day continues this month.
The coup de gras for me was mini pudding of the day (sticky toffee pudding and ice cream) with a fresh coffee at £4-50 ...it was the bargain of the month. Excellent, both. Ice cream scoops and crumble desserts were equally well received. All up £100 before gratuity was a good price, including two bellinis and bottled waters.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Pixynaturalskincare
Reviewed October 28, 2016

I had organised a surprise tour around Wychwood brewery for my husband and we stayed here overnight. It is walking distance from the brewery. It is in a lovely setting on the Church Green. Some parking in their car park and 2 hr parking on the road out the front.
We had a large room with an enormous comfortable bed and good sized bathroom with shower. Complimentary body wash and shampoo, and tea tray with unusual biscuit flavours selection. The room we stayed in was in a building next door to the Fleece and we had no noise problems at all and I am a light sleeper. We paid for bed and breakfast and the breakfast was top notch, cooked for you with cereals, fruit and yoghurts on the side with a selection of fruit juices. I had the American pancakes with maple syrup and bacon which was lovely. Hubby had full cooked breakfast. I think the one annoying thing was an older lady persisted in an extremely loud phone conversation all the way through breakfast and perhaps they could think about signs. Having a very rare night away with hubby to not be able to have a conversation over breakfast because someone can't take a long phone call outside did spoil the peace rather! I would stay here again- just probably speak up next time if someone insisted on talking into a phone at 80 decibels for 10-15 minutes!

1  Thank DaisyChain12
Reviewed October 27, 2016

We were jetlagged and tired on arriving here for dinner. The staff were all upbeat and friendly, which helped make our evening a lot of fun. Great beer options and some really interesting items on the menu. Without going into detail, all of the food was delicious. Will definitely be back again if we are in the area! Highly recomend!

1  Thank brucruiser
Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

We have just had dinner at The Fleece, being locals, we try various hostelries but don't us The Fleece that often as the prices are a little higher than normal.
I now know why, we had a fab meal, the crab and avocado Mille fleur starter was amazing, Ian had ham hock croquette again to die for.

Mains equally as good, I had smoked haddock and Ian had monkfish.

Well worth the higher cost than usual in town.

Service was also excellent

Will be back soon.

Oh and apparently the crab and avocado Mille fleur is on the lunch menu too, would be spot on for a one course lunch.
Enjoy
Fiona
Xx

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FionaMc
Reviewed October 18, 2016

We stayed at The Fleece recently and came away thinking that it was very pricey for what we had. The food was good but nothing very special - a couple of steaks. A bottle of wine that was mid range. All in all for a dinner and B&b it was £240 in what is a pub! One the positive side the staff were lovely and the location is very good with car parking. We had a bedroom overlooking the Green which is very pretty but noisy in the morning when the road is being cleaned.