All reviews four poster bed scallops parfait main restaurant special occasion an overnight stay bar area large party evening meal fine dining following morning cooked to perfection excellent food a la carte menu large room both mornings the severn valley railway
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for two days in a room overlooking the court yard which was nice and quiet. The building is 200 years old and has lots of character but the rooms are looking a little tied but you can see that slow renovations are taking place. We did not eat in the evening as the menu looked a little pricy but I think that you would get a very good meal. There are lots of cheaper priced places around but not to the same standard so if you can afford it then I would give the restaurant a go. I loved the fruit and oat mix for breakfast. The variety of breads are beautiful and the cooked breakfast is pleasant. I would score the breakfast and staff as very good but the rooms are average - a bottle of water in the room would be nice and plastic cups in the bathroom are not my thing. The chair to sit at the mirror is far from comfortable but one does not need to sit at it long. I wish the hotel all the best with the shop alongside the hotel - the food looked lovely in there

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mandy_Main
Reviewed August 9, 2017

Spent a couple of nights at The Raven. Our room was in The Forge which is across the car park from the main building. The room was comfortable, warm and nicely furnished. The hotel restaurant was very good for both breakfast and dinner. Good menu - tasty food, beatifully presented. The only slight negative during our stay was that the lounge area was undergoing some refurbishment and therefore lacked the ambience we expected. Will be great when finished.
Much Wenlock is a nice historic village with good walking. Handy for visits to Ironbridge and the Severn Valley Railway which are both about a 1/2 drive away.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

We love the Raven Hotel. The staff are very professional but also friendly and always helpful.
Our room was large bright and very clean.
Brilliant bathroom with loads of hot water.
It is very well placed for local attractions such as Ironbridge and also walking.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2017

My wife & I stayed here Saturday night. Staff were friendly & attentive. The food was excellent on the whole but my wifes breakfast poached eggs were overcooked. Our room was clean & very spacious but a little tired. The village is very nice with a few lovely short walks starting in the village. There's also plenty of pubs, just as well as the bar in the Raven was being refurbished. Overall we thought the food was well worth the money but the room was overpriced.

Reviewed July 23, 2017

We didn't actually see much of the hotel as the bar was being refurbished - which is a shame as I get the impression it was an interesting, historic building. Staff were friendly and the breakfast was great.

The room was ok; comfortable and clean. But oddly the walls had been touched up...in a slightly different shade. It looked terrible and made it look as though the room wasn't finished. Of course it didn't affect my enjoyment of staying but it did look careless. The cleaning products that had been used were also really intensely fragrant, and when my eyes started watering we had to open the window and leave the fan on to get rid of the smell (which then made the room a bit chilly).

Of course, these are just minor gripes. What I'm frustrated about though is that this is the most expensive hotel room I've ever booked. I had an expectation that this was going to be something just a little bit special and so I was really disappointed that the room was really very average.

I'm going to be back in Shropshire a lot over the next year - but not at The Raven, as it's just not good value for money.

2  Thank Hammo789