All reviews lovely hosts room was spotless comfy bed full english attention to detail melissa bathroom
Reviewed June 5, 2018

We booked two rooms at Chilton House for an overnight stay, prior to attending a wedding nearby. Our hosts, Melissa and Rob were very gracious when we arrived later than planned and Rob kindly came out to the car park to help us with our things, which was a lovely touch after our long journey.

The attention to detail in every aspect was brilliant - from the lovely rooms with free standing baths and/or power showers, the comfy beds and the wonderfully scented toiletries. There was even home made cake on the tea tray in each room and after I had mentioned that our son was gluten free (in order to help with his breakfast order)he was provided with a home made meringue on his tray rather than the chocolate brownies we had.

Breakfast was delicious- lots of choice for the cooked breakfast and the continental breakfast was out of this world with juicy, ripe, cut fruits; yogurts; pastries etc.Melissa was also incredibly helpful in accommodating our son's special diet.

In the absence of another lady in our party, Melissa even stepped in to provide jewellery advice, ensuring I chose the best accessories to complement my wedding outfit, while Rob was happy to find a good location in the garden and take some photographs of us all in our wedding finery.

One very small detail that would have improved things even more, would be a full length mirror in the bedroom, but that is indeed a small thing and not especially important.

This B and B is fairly new and as such does not have a lot of reviews yet. However, hopefully they will soon have many, many more to refect the very high standard of accomodation and friendly welcome afforded to guests at Chilton House.

Thank you Melissa and Rob- we had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

Dear Melissa and Robert

I wanted to leave you a review but was not entirely sure where to leave this as I had booked with you direct via telephone. If I can add something anywhere then let me know.

I wanted to personally thank you for the exceptional stay I had with you at the Chilton House this weekend. Never have I experienced a stay like it.

The room was magical, the decor the style of the bathroom and the room layout was totally perfect. Right down to the beautiful finishing touches that were part of the room. Everything was to a real high standard and exceeded my expectation.

You both made me feel so welcome and I felt very much at home in comfortable surroundings in a place that I had never visited. You both definitely bring warmth and the personal touch to your business which is very lovely!

The breakfast was outstanding! I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect full English. It was piping hot, fresh and the perfect amount. So much variety also on offer if you fancied other choices too!

Overall experience- I would highly recommend you to anyone as the best place to stay!

I have honestly had the loveliest weekend away and one of my highlights was staying in such a luxurious setting that was peaceful, relaxing and all round amazing!

I am just sorry that you have plans booked in for the time when I am next due to visit Oswestry. But don’t worry I will definitely be back just for the sake of some time out from busy life. :)

Once again thank you so very much for a truly wonderful stay.

Jessica

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2018

I can't praise Chiltern House highly enough. Rob and Melissa have created the perfect place to stay with every attention to detail. I stayed in the Monopoly room and friends stayed in the Chess and Scrabble rooms - so I had a good look in all the rooms and can tell you that they are all so tastefully decorated and comfortable you won't want to leave. The breakfast is top quality too with all tastes catered for. I am looking forward to going back already.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gina B
Chilton House B, Owner at Chilton House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2018

Hello Gina
Thank you for the fantastic review, we are glad you enjoyed our house, and you had a great time here in Oswestry. We look forward to you and your friends returning.
Melissa and Rob

Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic, from the quality of room, amenities and the hosts! I can't criticise in anyway shape or form, this really was a 10/10 for me. I travel weekly for business and try to stay at different, new hotels and B&B's and this has to be up there with one of my favourites! I would highly recommend.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Demee E
Chilton House B, Owner at Chilton House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

Hi Demee
Thank you for the lovely review, comments like yours make it very worthwhile.
Melissa and Rob

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Chilton House last night and what a treat it was! We stayed in 'Monopoly' which has the luxury of a freestanding bath as well as a walk in shower. The room is one of the nicest we have ever stayed in. Wonderfully comfy super king size bed and lovely quirky decor. Some really nice touches such as homemade shortbread, proper milk, plenty of tea and coffee and a fridge. Breakfast was superb! Good selection of fruit, pastries and cereals followed by a delicious, piping hot, full English. The hosts, Robert and Melissa, were so welcoming and advised us on places to eat and drink. We enjoyed a drink at The Black Lion and a meal at Lapone's Italian Restaurant. Would highly recommend Chilton House if you fancy a bit of luxury!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tina P
Chilton House B, Owner at Chilton House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Tina
Thank you for the lovely review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. It is fantastic to get such nice guests, hope you get the chance to visit again.
Regards Melissa and Rob