All reviewsfresh milknespresso machineattention to detaillittle touchescontinental breakfasthis partnerwarm welcomethis lovely hotelevening meal was excellenthigh streetporridgefollowing morningnight's sleepstayed here for one nightjacuzzi bathlittle gemlamb
Reviewed July 25, 2017

Room,breakfast and service excellent.Stayed one night. Room was very clean and cozy. Enjoyed our stay very much. Hosts very helpfull and welcoming. Well placed hotel for visiting Oswestry. Lovely and tasty breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2017

My friend and I stayed at Sebastians end of June-beginning of July 2017. We had both meals there plus breakfasts. I base my reviews price for what you get - I don't expect five star treatment at a basic fixed price inn on an out of town retail park estate. Sebastians is mentioned in the Michelin Guide and as far as I can see has no stars.

I give my rating as excellent although I would rather rate it at 4 1/2 stars. I have been to many Michelin star restaurants and many of the other places too. I am also a 'foodie' and I cook - a lot.

We arrived at 4pm on a very cold late June day. Our welcome was incredibly good: we had a room each off the courtyard which we did not specify but this suited us very well. My room was very cold and the member of staff apologised and made sure the heating was on. She also produced fresh milk. The room was luxurious, ultra clean with snacks and extra to instant coffee was a Nespresso machine - a very nice touch.

Food. On the first evening we had a complimentary celeriac and apple veloute, I had a starter of fried goats cheese beignets with a beetroot dressing. It was differently done and good. this was followed by a melon sorbet. I then had loin of lamb with braised belly and a lamb samosa - all top notch. I then had cheese and biscuits which included a chaorse which I have never encountered in a restaurant before,

The following morning I was presented with a wonderful continental breakfast to which I did not do justice.

Evening 2. the sommelier who I think was also the co-owner was efficient and pleasant as ever not forgetting what we had had the previous night. I ordered scallops on a on a cauliflower puree, Celtic Pride beef on a celeriac puree with braised blade and confit potato. Once again I had cheese and then coffee and petit fours.

All was very good, although the potato was somewhat underdone and the braised blade seemed tough, I think through overheating. Any way do not be put off because this place is a gem with the prices, for what you get, very fair. Sebastians does not open all week as I suspect the clientele is not always there:

I did treat myself, on moring 2, to an English breakfast, which gave details of sourcing and was excellent. Extra is paid for the cooked breakfast.

Room Tip: Our rooms were quiet, but I suspect they all were.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

One night stopover, reasonably priced good location to attend a family birthday party in town.

So much nicer than expected, friendly welcoming staff. I think we now need to return to sample the food!!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Breezypupmolly
Reviewed June 4, 2017

We stayed here for one night as part of an Offa's Dyke path walking holiday. Mark picked us up from the path and took us to this lovely hotel. The room was very comfortable with lots of nice touches. Mark and Michelle looked after us really well. We left refreshed after a good night's sleep and a great breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2017

We stayed at Sebastians for one night after an excursion to Snowdonia. The room that we booked was terrific. Room 3 was nicely decorated, split level with a jacuzzi bath. Very good value for money, and the breakfast was tasty.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple