“Birthday meal”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Went on 27th September for my Wife's birthday, haven't been for ages. Kicking myself for that. Welcoming canapés on arrival. Food was fantastic, scallops for starters, beef fillet for main- cooked to perfection, with an absolutely stunning madeira sauce. Sticky toffee pudding was the lightest sponge ever. Excellent wine list too. Don't go if you're in a rush, this isn't about fast food or pushing you to hurry. Relax take your time and savour every mouthful. Thank you, won't leave it so long next time

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in room 6. We were going to a party so did not eat at the restaurant apart from breakfast which was delicious. The rooms are quirky and it was a lovely setting with the hosts very friendly. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

Having previously lived in Oswestry for 15 years I've seen restaurants come and go. There is a reason Sebastian's continue to trade, and that's because it's by far the best.

The dining room is cosy and welcoming decorated in a traditional French style in keeping with the menu.

The menu is classic French in style whilst utilising local ingredients and always cooked to perfection. Admittedly you can eat for less in Oswestry, however the quality of food represents excellent value for money.

The service is also excellent starting with the warm welcome upon arrival and continues throughout the meal. In my opinion so many other restaurants focus only on the food and neglect good service. Sebastian's has always excelled in that area and is partly the reason I will always return when I'm back in Oswestry.

I don't post many reviews, and are less likely to do so when I have nothing bad to say, however in my opinion this restaurant deserves to be no.1 in the area.

Please keep doing what you have done for many years... setting the standard for fine dining in Shropshire.

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

Rooms and service are excellent very friendly staff food is excellent. Highly recommended. Smoked haddock and poached egg breakfast was divine.

Reviewed July 13, 2017

In Oswestry for a family gathering. My Google search for a good resto resulted in us trying Sebastians. Meal, service, ambience - all excellent.
Some Michelin starred restaurants don't come up to this standard. I say to Oswestry locals - use it or lose it!