“Nice set meal”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 5, 2015

I went to Minhs to celebrate my friends 4oth birthday. I was a bit wary a first because I have heard it had gone downhill recently and seen some bad reviews but I was keen to try it for myself. We were a party of twelve so we decided for convenience to plump for Set Menu C. We were sat down and drinks were ordered, Several bowls of prawn crackers were already on the table for us to nibble on. We didn't have to wait for the first course of four which was the Minhs Special Hot Platter. Two big serving plates were brought out containing Spare ribs, Prawn Toast, Spring Rolls and Chicken Skewers all hot and very delicious. After a short break the second course was brought out. A couple of big serving dishes containing shredded Roast duck, this came with the usual pancakes and chopped up cucumber and spring onion and Hoisen sauce. There was plentiful and everyone had a good share. The main course was next first out came two huge bowls of Yeung Chow fried rice. Several serving dishes were brought out two of each containing Sweet and Sour Pork, Sizzling Beef with Black Bean sauce, Chicken with satay sauce and Szechaun King Prawns. There was more than enough food for everybody in fact probably a little too much. but I for one am not complaining. The food was excellent and delicious and most of it was consumed quickly with only a little left. Finally we were offered Tea or Coffee which came with fortune cookies and little mint chocolates. For the price of £19 per person it was a well worth the money. Everyone in our party enjoyed the meal. We will all definitely come back here again. So if you want a nice, well prepared Chinese meal pleased ignore some of the negative reviews and go to Minhs of Shifnal. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank peteblue

Reviewed June 3, 2015

I have lived in shifnal for just over 2 years now and use minhs all the time! The nicest chinese food I have ever had, and each meal is consistently good.

Reviewed May 28, 2015 via mobile

Mihns has got to be one of the best Chinese's I have ever been to. Very tasty food which you can also take away. There are big portions so you can always share between two. The staff are friendly and offer good service too.

Reviewed May 24, 2015 via mobile

I often visit this restaurant as my local Cantonese, the service is always great and friendly with the food being lovely however over the last 3 months I have had two poor meals which are below the normal standard. The one occasion I had ribs which were tough and dry and the other was the beef which was also tough and very fatty. I will go back and try again however if I do have another poor meal I may have to look at other options.

Reviewed May 20, 2015

We normally have a take away from Minhs on a Friday evening but decided to have a meal out with the family here on Friday 1st May. The standard of the food served to us was excellent with more dishes to choose from on the restaurant menu than there is on the take-away menu which was a nice surprise. We ordered 4 main meals, noodles, various rice dishes and drinks for 6 adults and 1 child all for under £90 which i thought was tremendous value we even had food left over which the waitress kindly boxed up for us to take away. The only compliant i have is they sat us down under the air conditioning unit which was very annoying as it was either to hot or bloody freezing as the waiter couldnt seem to get the unit under control. However that shouldnt detract from the level of attention and service we received from the waitressing staff.