“Elegant Bindon”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Langford Budville
Amchara Health Retreat
Reviewed 27 December 2009

I held my wedding here in December (30 guests). It was great to be able to have all my guests stay here with me, making it all very relaxed. The wedding co-ordinator was very friendly and worked very hard on the day. The venue looked beautiful and everyone exclaimed what a gem I had found. The bedrooms are all ensuite with modern appliances - a little scruffy around the edges but this all added to its charm - it meant we could relax and kick back. The staff were all friendly and helpful and the food was excellent. Very few weddings can you say how good the food was, well this was the best wedding food I'd had, cooked perfectly and very tasty. Thankyou Bindon for helping to make our wedding day so wonderful!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank fvj199

Reviewed 11 December 2009

Our daughter was married at Bindon Country House Hotel, and we had the hotel to ourselves for the weekend. The service was excellent, the staff were helpful and attentive without being intrusive. We really felt that the hotel was ours for the weekend. The food was superb as was the atmosphere. Very family friendly, our party included children and a dog, all were made welcome. A delightful venue.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank jjjSomerset
Reviewed 5 July 2009

This review has taken some time to be loaded, as for some reason I couldn't see that Bindon had had reviews! However we have always been impressed with the hotel and the service, so that even late, we wanted to get the review up!

Having discovered Bindon a couple of years ago and stayed with the family, we were very excited to see that we could also take it for exclusive use at a very competitive cost. We have a company day/weekend each year and try and do something different each time to include the partners and children. We used 8/9 of the rooms and Lynn and her staff did us proud and was happy to help and offer suggestions for entertainment. It was like a country house weekend and we were all made to feel so welcome.

For entertainment we settled for a murder mystery on the first night and a magician on the Saturday night. If you stay at Bindon (and we so recommend it!) then look at the ceiling in the bar and the playing card I signed may well still be there! How he did it, I just don't know!

The food has always been excellent whenever we have stayed and they were happy to accommodate all our dietary requirements, including some excellent food for the 4 year old, the youngest member of the group.

Lynn seems to have balanced the exclusive use together with availability for individual clients, which is none too easy and we very much look forward to going down as a family very soon. For the company day, I am not very sure what we are going to do to top last December, it is a very difficult act to follow!

• Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank Tilney01
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Just got back from a wedding at the wonderful Bindon Country House. The house and grounds were an absolute pleasure to spend a weekend at. The staff were outstanding and added to the quality of the stay - they went beyond the call of duty and showed outstanding service, attention to detail, patience and warmth.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2009

I stayed here for one night with family and was very impressed with the place. The house is beautiful, set outside a tiny village up a long drive. The management are very friendly, they came out to great us as we pulled up outside. This place is full of what I would call 'faded charm.' I love the sort of place where you can feel the history and there is plenty here - the library has books and photos about the house. The food was excellent and the evening meal was very well priced. My husband was very taken with the huge breakfast on offer. All in all it was a lovely relaxing place and we plan to hire the whole place for a family gathering next year.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2009

This hotel is an example of how it should be done! A genuine warm welcome on arrival, spacious and luxurious rooms with all leisure needs subtly taken care of - wi fi, sky etc. The general ambience of the building, coupled with wonderful location and grounds encourages one to relax from the moment of arrival. The service from all the staff I encountered was relaxed and friendly with just the right level of formality. In the restaurant the food was sublime, portions generous and wine choice more than adequate. I enjoyed my short stay immensely and will be actively seeking an opportunity to return for a longer stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2009

Although this being my first review I have been a regular visitor to this site and was concerned after booking a reservation for myself and my family to Bindon House to read one of the previous reviews. I telephoned my concerns prior to my arrival and was re-assured that it was a one off, the boiler has been sorted and I was promised what would be a pleasant stay with my family.
We arrived to a warm and friendly reception and was shown around the hotel and grounds. The meals were of a high standard and were adapted for the children.
All the family enjoyed the use of the tennis courts and my children loved the grounds. There were games for them, croquet and the trampoline to keep them busy, even though the pool was not in use they were kept entertained
I would highly reccoend this hotel to both family and friends. Mechanical failures do happen and I would like to re-assure people that we had a very pleasurable stay and will be returning again soon.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family

Been to Amchara Health Retreat? Share your experiences!