1,173 results
All reviews sauna and steam room leisure facilities main building western hotels swimming pool bar menu sat nav weston super mare lovely hotel somerset levels restaurant staff superior room cheddar gorge buffet style wedding venue one night stay wookey hole
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Used our Tesco Vouchers to book this hotel for 3 nights away on my birthday. We paid extra to upgrade the accommodation as we find if you book with vouchers you seem to get allocated a far from perfect room. The room was OK although even then the rooms on either side of us were larger and laid out better.We were in main building which was a bonus as many rooms are in the annexe.
The evening meals were quite good and reasonably priced the only snag is that it was very chilly In the restaurant.Staff were pleasant and very efficient.Breakfasts were also good ,plenty of cereals and fruit,usual items on the hot buffet although you had to order fried/poached eggs to order ,if you wanted to eat them with the rest of the items one or other got cold.Toast,croissants ,pastries and yoghurts were also available.Haddock and kippers are also on the menu but my husband found the haddock to be a bit dry.
We have stayed here before and did use the nice swimming pool but unfortunately did not have time this visit.
The hotel is a bit out in the sticks,the M5 is close but you don't hear the noise when windows shut and it doesn't spoil the view across the valley.
My rating would be good rather than average if I had that option.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western The Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Janet J,
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at our Webbington Hotel and Spa. I would like to thank you for choosing us for such a special occasion and I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit. Our priority is to provide our guests with an enjoyable experience and this is why we work hard to offer all our guests high quality amenities. I was sorry to read about the issues you encountered at the restaurant – I would like to let you know that any comments, questions, or assistance our guests may need, our staff is only too pleased to go the extra mile and assist where possible.
Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel and leaving us your valued feedback. Shoud you visit the area again soon we will be more than pleased to welcome you back at the Webbington. Please don’t forget to book direct for the best rate.
Guest Relations.

Reviewed November 4, 2018

Very large hotel with lots of stairs and steps long coridoors.Not ideal for the elderly ,very good breakfast,good size pool although very cold water.Huge gym ,good sauna and steam room,happy to pay £60 to include very good breakfast,nicely sereved.Would stay again if the price was good.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Kendrew2017

Thank you for your valued feedback following your recent stay at our Webbington Hotel and Spa. I am glad you found our facilities to your liking and I would like to apologise for the issues you experienced with the cold water. We work hard to offer our guests a special, relaxing experience on our Edwardian manor and we aim to provide high quality amenities – including the free use of the gym facilities for our guests and our praised breakfast, made with fresh and locally sourced ingredients.

Unfortunately, due to the layout of our building we are not able tooffer a lift. However, our dedicated staff are eager to assist where possible should our guests require any assistance with luggage.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and sharing your feedback. We do hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back again when next visiting the area.

Don’t forget to book directly with the hotel for the best rate.

Reviewed November 1, 2018

Pamper stay for friends birthday lovely lunch , swim, and dinner. Drinks reasonably priced. First class massage from beauty therapist, at the hotel Sue Gale. Massage included back neck and shoulder massage , mini facial and either hand or foot massage.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Susiewi67

Thank you for your review following your stay at the Webbington Hotel and Spa. We feel we can offer an ideal experience for a relaxing getaway, with various local attractions nearby such as Weston Super Mare, the Wookey Hole Caves, the Mendip or Cheddar Gorge . I was very pleased to read that you had a lovely experience at the Hotel and I will pass your compliments onto Sue Gale, the beauty therapist at our Leisure Club.

Thanks for choosing us and leaving us your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again when next visiting the area. Please don’t forget to book direct with us for the best rate.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

We booked here for a night whilst spending a few days in the West Country for the half term break,when we arrived they didn’t have. A Family rom available as booked but quickly upgraded us to a wonderful exec room.This was perfect
Breakfast was good and the staff were able to accommodate my granddaughters coeliac disease by providing gluten free range and soya milk for her dairy allergy.
Staff were not overly helpful but OK.The hotel is off the beaten track but still beauitful would stay again.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear mariaherlihy6

Thank you for your review following your stay at the Webbington Hotel and Spa. I was glad to read you enjoyed your night at the Hotel and our team were attentive and offered you an upgrade to an Executive room. It is our priority to make sure we provide the highest quality facilities and services.

I will pass your compliments to our management and staff and I am sure they will be very happy to read your comments.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and leaving us your valued feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back when your next visiting to the area.

Please don’t forget to book direct for the best rate.

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as an early birthday treat, made the reservation through booking.com & put in the special instructions could I have best room available as it was my birthday & they delivered!! Our bed was 2 singles pushed together, it was massive & very comfortable, 5 pillows plus 2 spares in the wardrobe! 2 huge bath sheets. Despite being able to see the M5 in the distance the view out of our window was fantastic. We had tea, coffee, hot chocolate & biscuits available, we had a small hallway to separate the bedroom & our bathroom. Freeview TV. Coathangers, chair, desk, menu for the terrace bar. Didn't tey facilities but that was personal decision. Breakfast was OK, could have done with being hot as was warm but good all the same, cereal, fruit juice, fresh fruit, yoghurt, toast, jams, marmalade, all milks, fry up, different eggs on request, kippers etc. Check out was by 11 which was lovely as you can get a long lie in. Overall would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Charlie E,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at our Webbington Hotel and Spa. I would like to thank you for choosing us for such a special occasion as it is your birthday and I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit and the amenities we offer. It is our priority to make sure our guests have a positive experience by providing them with high quality facilities and services and I am happy this had been the case.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel and leaving us your valued feedback. I will pass your compliments to our friendly and commended staff. I am sure they will be happy to read them.
Should you visit the area again soon we will be more than pleased to welcome you back at the Webbington. Please don’t forget to book direct for the best rate.
Guest Relations.