All reviewsthe pubchoice of real alesbeautiful villagefried breadsouth somersetstayed here for nightsgood nights sleepweddingcharacterfulcrewkernegrahamaccommodationpubs
Reviewed August 18, 2015

Just enjoyed a 3 night stay in this beautiful village Inn, very quaint with so much character. We stayed in a room above the bar, it was clean and comfortable and as other reviews have stated, the bathrooms are small, but perfectly adequate.
As for the staff, they were amazing, making us feel very welcome, nothing was too much trouble, can't praise them enough!
The food was delicious, my husband enjoyed his meat dinners and I had a choice of 2 veggie options, both of which were very tasty, and lots of scrummy desserts to round the meal off. Choices in the morning included a massive cooked breakfast, toast with home made jam or marmalade, and a variety of cereals.
The interior could do with a little TLC, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Manor Arms as a very welcoming place to stay, so much so that we have booked again for October! Massive thanks to all the staff team.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
lizn732, Owner at The Manor Arms, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2015

Thank you for the kind words particularly regarding our staff who we rely on and appreciate their dedication. As all our food is home cooked by our cooks, who I know you met, we have always given much thought to the fact that our menu will suit the majority of guests. We warmly thank you for taking time out to do this review and we look forward to maybe seeing you again in the future. Liz

Reviewed July 2, 2015

Stayed here for one night. Comfy bed, and a comically small bathroom, but clean. Not many breakfast options for those who don't eat a full English. I was resigned to toast and a couple of tiny pots of preserves! A family with a couple of young children were staying down the hall from us, and they were noisy, running up and down the stairs and corridor in the evening and again the next morning.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
lizn732, Owner at The Manor Arms, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2015

Thank you for taking time out to review our pub. I am sorry you were troubled by youngsters running on the landing upstairs. Although we are fully carpeted upstairs, I do take your point as the family room is at the very far end of the landing. With regard to breakfast, I am somewhat concerned about this as we have never had anything but brilliant comments about it. There are always a large selection of cereals, including musli and grapefruit, the preserves are homemade by myself and we offer both brown and white toast. You would have been given a breakfast menu showing the whole range of breakfasts we cater for, from the simple boiled, poached or scrambled egg or you could have had anything on toast had you asked, from baked beans, mushrooms, tomatoes etc. Thank you anyway for your comments and perhaps you would like to read some of our previous reviews taking note of the "BREAKFASTS"

Reviewed May 17, 2015

My husband & I booked this b&b for a rare night away from the children. What a complete disappointment. The room was ugly, damp, smelly & very worn. There were wood louse crawling about the place. We packed up the car & left. Swallowed the fact that we lost money and booked into a stunning b&b further into beaminster.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank KAH1980
Reviewed April 19, 2015 via mobile

We arrived at this Inn tired an weather beaten and in desperate need of food an drink after doin the river parrett trail, much to our dismay we discovered we were to late for food! However the landlady was absolutely fantastic, she took pity on our sad an tired faces an reopened the kitchen for us. 15 minutes later we were devouring hot bacon an brie baguettes an bowls of delicious chips! Her generosity didn't stop there, she went out of her way to try an get us a taxi but unfortunately they dnt tend to run on a Sunday so the cook very kindly offered to drop us back to our car!now these people were total strangers to us yet there overwhelming generosity was astounding. I could not rerecommend this Inn highly enough. The food was delightful even thrown together last minute an the hospitality was beyond comparison.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2015

This is a lovely quiet characterful inn right in the middle of the Somerset countryside.Very friendly, good food, comfortable warm rooms and a wonderful atmosphere. The facilities in the room are fine and very, very clean. I would thoroughly recommend this place as an overnighter or as a hub to explore. A previous review suggests an update, another talks about Premier Inns. This place has not been given the treatment that some hotels have but I would remind them that the rates are about 50% of the chains and better value. I would trade a warm welcome for a the "Lenny Henry" experience any day! The beer is also good and there is ample parking. One word of warning, the breakfast is huge in standard form, but there are a list of free extras that might tempt your overindulgence...Be warned. All in all brilliant.

Room Tip: Get a room near the bar. Less distance to stagger!
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business