All reviews pavlova sunday carvery apple pie the pub specials board creaky floorboards lovely meal roast potatoes bank holiday four poster full english breakfast stayed for one night pudding exmoor carole tlc
Reviewed January 20, 2015

A day out in the country and I used to come here with my parents as a child so decided on a revisit. We were lucky to get a table by the open fire a lovely warm welcome and good service. Although quiet as a weekday lunchtime everything was great. A nice atmosphere and our food was of good standard also. The bar lady was nice and even got a hello and was everything ok from the chef - what a nice touch. Top marks as know places when quiet can slack and this place definitely didn't. Good work Raleghs Cross we will be returning especially once the weather is better!!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aimee C
Reviewed January 2, 2015

A popular Carvery pub that offers good food and a friendly welcome. We like to sit outside whenever possible and enjoy the views and in particular, the setting sun. I would say it's more of a place to spend with family and friends and has a nice atmosphere. It's great for couples too, but not somewhere I would choose for a quiet, romantic meal. We have not stayed here but it's in a good location for exploring the area's attractions in all directions.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gomms13
Reviewed December 15, 2014

We took advantage of the 3 night "special of D B & B" which at £99 each was tremendous value.
Checking in was a breeze with all the details being taken from the booking which had been made earlier in the month, so all that had to be done was to pay the balance.
This is a wonderful old 16th century coaching in and comes complete with creaking floors! which can be a bit annoying when walking around the bedroom but I think just lends itself to the character of the place. If you were very clever it was possible to work out a route across the room which avoided a lot of the creaks!

The food was excellent with such a large choice it would have been necessary to have stayed for about 1 month before having tried everything on the menu.
I don't understand the comments made by "Mozart 21" who says that it was impossible to charge drinks to the room bill, I did not encounter any problems with this. Likewise he says that breakfast was the standard self service arrangement. He must have gone elsewhere for his breakfast as the full English kept me going for the whole day with absolutely 2 of everything on the plate.
There was an allowance of £15 per person for food and if this was exceeded (or £30 for 2) then the difference was added to the final bill which was settled on departure.
I didn't see that there was a problem in understanding the final bill as Mozart did, but then I am not an accountant!
Some of the comments left on Tripadvisor are in my opinion extremely petty. It should be realised that this is an old country coaching inn and NOT a 5 Star hotel, nor does it make out to be, so come on guys be a bit fairer with your remarks.
Overall what a great place to stay and enjoy good home cooked food, and I hope we will be back sometime in the future.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2014

Went to Relaghs Cross for a friends birthday, was greeted on arrival by a very polite barman who showed us our table and talked us through the menus, normal and specials. They even had a good vegaterian choice. Some of us chose from the menus and others chose to have the carvery choice. All food was bought out at the same time, I chose the Brie and cranberry wellington and was delicious. Service was good and wasnt to expensive, would defintely tell pople to visit

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 8, 2014

I stayed here after a wedding night recently. The service was very good, as the staff were both friendly and helpful. When checking in, the service was very prompt and I was given all of the details that I needed. It was a very enjoyable stay, as the facilities for the wedding were lovely, and also it was a very child friendly environment. Most of all, the food was cooked perfectly. I had the lamb with the rosemary and it was by far the best lamb I have tasted in a long time.

• Stayed: November 2014