All reviewspavlovasunday carveryapple piethe pubspecials boardcreaky floorboardslovely mealroast potatoesbank holidayfour posterfull english breakfaststayed for one nightpuddingexmoorcaroletlc
Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

Very nice restaurant and hotel stayed for one night, with my family and the rooms clean and large. With beautifull views and value for money, the staff are friendly and the food a very good quality. What a lovely place.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

We stopped here on the way home from our Ilfracombe holiday. We arrived early at 11:30am. Lovely warm welcome from the lady at the bar upon arrival. Food not served until midday but we were welcome to make ourselves comfy and order ready for when the kitchen opened. Everything was tidy and clean. And the food was delicious. I had a steak baguette, a full English breakfast for my partner, and my step son had ham egg and chips. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. There's a great adventure playground for the kids, which sadly was useless on our visit as awful weather!! But we will definitely visit again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2017

My family and I went to the Ralegh's Cross Inn recently for Sunday carvery. the carvery was okay not the best we've had or the worst. could do with maybe turkey as an option as well as beef/lamb/pork maybe some broccoli too. Dessert was a little disappointing with only 3 options or icecream (online menu shows spotted dick/ sticky toffee pudding/cheesecake and chocolate lumpy bumpy cake...none of which were on the menu at the pub) I had the pavlova which stated it was a 'soft mallow' however it was just a standard merangue, if anything it was actually quite hard in places, the cream seemed to be squirty cream out of a can which is always a no no in my opinion. My son had a vanilla icecream sundae which he was also disappointed with, just ice cream in a glass with about 1/4" of flake poking out, we had to laugh at the size of the flake, basically it was only as long as the tiny bit poking out of the top, for £4.95 I would have expected a whole flake, maybe a wafer or something. On the whole an average meal..I doubt I would hurry back.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank sugarbabe69
andrekorreman, Manager at Ralegh's Cross Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2017

Thank you for your detailed review, Raleghs cross is a very busy place, it is very popular for its carvery's and banquets, as well as our traditional pub a la carte menu, the fact that you mention the menu on our website, gives me the impression that you have done some research on our establishment, which gives me the impression, again, that you knew what to expect from the pub.
You knew that we are very busy on a sunday, it is impossible, for a business like us to run a full a la carte menu, specials boards, and the carvery on a sunday, hence our a la carte menu, are limited on a sunday and has been for several years, due to the sheer volumes that come through our door on a sunday.
We have a variety of meat, and vegetables on our carvery buffet, we regularly serve, turkey, and gammon, although not every week as we rotate our vegetables and choices of meat on a weekly basis, so our customers do not get the same options every week. And this has been done for the past 50 years, and this makes us successful in what we are doing, Our desserts are also limited on a sunday, for a reason, imagine you have 500 people ordering desserts at the same time? do I need to go any further? As for the cream, I am sorry you got it completely wrong, although the saying goes that a customer is always right? Our cream gets whipped fresh, on a daily basis, every day, its a pity that we are losing you as a customer. If a customer puts a bad review on, I always read any other reviews done by that particular customer, so I suggest that whoever reads this review, looks at the other reviews posted.! and you decide.

Reviewed May 6, 2017

Food was good especially the carvery. Locals all support and visit. This however appears to be the main offering of this pub. We stayed for 2 nights. The bedroom cleanliness not great. Rooms are getting tired. Customer service focus is definitely for the food customers not for resident guests.

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank caroltouchin

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you at least enjoyed the food, we treat all our customers, the same, whether you walk into the door for a meal, or whether you are a resident in our establishment, Our customer service is across the board, and I am sad to hear that you felt that you did not get that service, it is also a pity that you did not mention to us during your stay, about the cleanliness of your room, as we would have done everything in our power to keep you happy, as we do with all our customers, as for your comment relating to the tiredness of the rooms, it is a 17 century coaching inn, the rooms are designed to give it that effect, which is appreciated by many of our regular customers, we do have other, upgraded and newly revamped rooms, it is a pity that you did not say anything on the day of your check in, instead you felt that you had to go to tripadvisor.

Reviewed April 24, 2017

We had been recommended to come here to eat by friends, but we were disappointed as soon as we entered by the atmosphere as it seemed to be more of a farmers pub than a restaurant. The menu was laminated showing that it doesn't change all that often, if ever, but there were a couple of specials written up on a board above the fireplace which we mostly all chose from and were very happy with. One of our starters was forgotten and came out after the others had been cleared away. The one person who chose a salad stated that it was tasteless and apart from a quick drizzle of balsamic syrup on top for style, there was no dressing in evidence. The ham hocks that were chosen from the specials board were beautifully soft and falling off the bone and the portions were huge. Most other people seemed to be locals and were pretty much all eating steak of one kind or another.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FlactemK

Thank you for your review, as the manager we can only apologise that one of your starters was missed,
That was a mistake on our part, as for the menu, it does get changed regularly, and for that I apologise, I have spoken to the staff, and I can assure you, they were very disappointed that they have let you down, I can assure you that our menu as well as our specials board gets changed on a regular basis, We value our regular as well as visitors to the area, I hope next time you visit Raleghs Cross Inn, you ask to speak to me, my name is Andre, i will be pleased to show you the capabilities of our chefs to suit your needs,