All reviewsthe pubsunday carveryspecials boardpatio doorslongleat safari parkgood sizevisiting longleatstayed for one nightwest countryroom was largefull english breakfastbooked a tablecomfortable bedfamily roombottled waterpuddingfour poster bed
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We stopped off on the way back from the Haynes Motor Museum for lunch. There is an extensive menu, lots of choice, quite highly priced I would say but it was really nice when it came. There was a good childrens menu, but I do think that was priced quite high too. Staff were lovely and made you feel very welcome. A good find!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
malbain, Public Relations Manager at Hunters Lodge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. Glad all was to you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again soon, take care :)

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Food Is a carvery and you can have as much os you like, prices are reasonable andi t is always busy as it caters for children and has play areas outside.Good car park, and is just off the A303 so handly stop if you are travelling further West

Stayed: May 2017

Thank you for your kind review. Glad all was to your satisfaction and you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again soon, take care :)

Reviewed March 8, 2018

A large group of us had an evening meal here. Hunters Lodge Inn does what it says on the packet - it's cheap, cheerful and is quite loud because it packs large numbers of parties in all at the same time. The car park is always full up so, despite its faults, people still love the Hunters Lodge.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
malbain, Public Relations Manager at Hunters Lodge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. Glad you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again. Take care :)

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Wow this place is amazing! I had booked to come here for an overnight stay on Saturday- not quite believing the amount of snow we were forecasted during the week! I sent them messages asking for snow updates to which I was courteously answered within about half an hour each time(some pubs/hotels take days!)
I decided to leave early for my journey & arrived 3 hours before check in- with nowhere else to go I asked if I could be cheeky & check in early- the response...”Come on in!” As soon as I entered I felt welcomed by staff & made my way to my room. As a treat I’d booked the 4 poster bed all for myself & literally said “wow!” when I walked in the room! Dinner was tasty, hot & portions plentiful- same as breakfast with an amazing amount of choice.
This place is a much better choice than anywhere in Wincanton with beautiful views & top hospitality...well done Hunters Lodge, I’ll be staying again soon!

Stayed: March 2018
malbain, Public Relations Manager at Hunters Lodge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. Glad everything was to your satisfaction and you enjoyed your stay with us, we hope to see you again. Take care :)

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

What a lovely place this is. Arrived to a warm and friendly welcome, inviting cosy pub atmosphere and spotless room.
Have just eaten and the food was generous, very tasty and excellent value. Staff are very attentive, service is second to none. Writing this review from a very comfy bed, we've not even had the complimentary breakfast yet, but felt compelled to congratulate the staff on providing such a great experience. We're in room 13, unlucky for some but not for us!
Book your stay here with confidence, excellent venue, staff and fantastic value!!!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple