β€œLovely lunch in our old home town πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•β€
Review of The Nog Inn

The Nog Inn
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Wincanton
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful lunch here today, the staff couldn't have been friendlier. Nothing was too much trouble! Thank you so much for having us!

Reviewed April 27, 2017

I feel slightly odd for doing a review on a pub for one of their specials but it really was that good. I'm a fan of Brisket (and the Short Rib connected cut of beef) and this was a particularly good example. Topped up with some tasty fries and coleslaw. I know some have mentioned the food was slow to come out but in the case of the two dishes we had it would have to take time to do correctly so we knew there would be some wait and it wasn't bad a wait at all!

Service was from a single individual who was working the bar and delivering food to tables. Highly impressive level of service for such a small team.

Overall I would have found it to be a good pub but the sheer brilliance of the special took The Nog Inn up above and beyond.

1  Thank Niko238
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

I went here last Sunday with a friend & her baby. We arrived about 11:45am which was 15 minutes before they opened but they were more than happy to let us in to sit in the lovely garden until we could order at midday! We then ordered a carvery & it was without a doubt the best carvery I have ever had! A big claim I know! I am not the biggest fan of mass produced meals such a carvery or buffet etc however each good item was so tasty! The young lady behind the bar who took our order said not to worry about collecting our food & that she would bring it out to us due to us having a baby with us, so thoughtful of her! The owner (I presume) was extremely helpful also & he is always very welcoming when I have been in. 100% will be going back & raving about it to all who will listen!

1  Thank Goose2318
Reviewed April 11, 2017

Went for a meal with my three grown kids. One had great fish and chips really well done. Another had the rib eye steak which was ok. Great sides of crunchy onion rings too. Then the burgers arrived and oh dear the chicken and classic burger fillings were ok but why put it in a ciabatt bread roll which we really struggled to get our teeth through! Burgers should be served in soft burger buns they should be merely a carrier for the burger not an obstacle to eating it.
One other problem getting served at the bar! You can't get near it as it appears to be in a corridor and completely blocked with bar stools with people on them. This compounded by the fact that this narrow area is also the route to the loos means constant congestion and difficulty even finding a place to get served.

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

Called in for lunch and the food was ok, but took quite a while to come.
Not a lot to complain about but not much to rave about either. Just an average pub really. Not worth the additional stop on our journey home!

1  Thank paulelvisjones