2,967 results
All reviewsmoon voyagethe secret gardenexplorer roomtheme parksplash landingswater parkalton towersevening entertainmentthemed roomsfamily roomsingle bedpirate shipmy daughtersanta sleepoverwoodland walkx boxpark tickets
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Over priced. The hotel charges luxury rates for a room that is no better than a budget hotel chain. Cheap tatty room, The themed room consists of a carpet with a compass, a few pipes and a fancy light. The room was only just passable as clean if you didn't look to closely, poor breakfast selection with foods missing in the obvious spaces where there should be some. The bunk beds were cheap and moaned and groaned with every movement of the kids. Thank god we went right at the start of the season and just before school holidays as I would have cried like a baby had I paid the easter break prices.

Room Tip: Dont bother stay at home
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Vicky T
AltonTowersCS, Customer Services at Alton Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Dear Vicky T,

Thank you for taking the time to review Alton Towers Resort on Trip Advisor.

We were sorry to hear that there were aspects of your visit that proved to cause issues throughout your day – Rest assured that we are very grateful for all feedback and will act upon such, as it allows us to ensure that we're delivering the most amazing experiences to every single guest who visits us.

Your comments have been duly noted and we will use your feedback to improve the guest experience as part of an ongoing review.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

After reading some of the reviews here we were worried about staying here. We were pleasantly surprised. Check in was quick and easy. We upgraded to a Moonvoyager room so I can only comment on this room (room 362). The room and bathroom were both clean. There was a double bed a separate area with a separate TV and xbox with bunk beds. We didn't need to contact reception so I cannot comment on this. The only small complaint I have is the heating/cooling system was a little noisy. Breakfast was OK, nothing special but did the job....hot breakfast, pastries and some cereal. We had a drink in the Dragon bar and it took forever to get served! Need more staff in the bar. The hotel entrance is 3 minutes walk to the monorail. We were told that we get 30 minutes extra in the park and that the monorail would be available from 9.00am. At 9.10 it was still closed and we were told they were not sure when it would open. We had no choice but to walk to the main entrance and this took 20 mins. We were told Wicker man would be open at 9.30 but it didn't open until 9.45 and we were told the queuing time was 2 hours! We had a small issue with some fast passes and Athelea in the box office was very helpful. A lot of the attractions didn't open until 11am (Rita, Thirteen, Smiler).The Rollercoaster restaurant was good but you must book.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear 700sa,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor for our Resort, we really do appreciate receiving comments from our guests.

We loved to see that you enjoyed several different aspects of your short break and that you found many aspects to your stay in which were suitable. On the opposing side we were also sorry to see that various issues arose during your time with ourselves and that they did impact on your stay.

Rest assured that all of your constructive points have been taken on board and we will use your review to improve our resort as a whole.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

As Merlin pass holders we had a deal come through for half price rooms at the Alton Towers hotel. As it was my 40th I decided to treat us all and book a night in an explorer room. This in itself was an awful lot of money but it was exciting that we would have a themed room and kids could have a bunk bed.
We had a lovely day in the park and went to the roller coaster restaurant.
We headed back tired to the hotel. This was such a disappointment. Several trips to and from reception first to get the keys working to start. The explorer room theme was literally non existent. A grubby carpet with a compass on and an old looking lamp?? Really? Room was not really clean, just enough to get away with. Bunk beds that the kids had set their hearts on, turned out to be a single bed and a pull out bit on the floor!! Lots of tears but eventually settled to sleep. Well I say sleep!!! 4 hours of people running about, shouting, swearing, laughing, slamming doors. We waited till 11-12pm then couldn’t take anymore and went to complain. Of course this did nothing! Luckily took a sound machine so kids could sleep but we did not!!
Would like to say breakfast was good but I’m sorry it wasn’t! No clean glasses, gaps where we were presuming food should be! Water machine not working. We all had cereal it seemed the safest option! Not great.
Overall should have stuck to a day out and drove home. We won’t stay over again and my advice would be go find a nice premier inn near by as you will be much better off and get a lot more sleep!
Having now been to Disneyland Paris - value for money wise I’d def choose Disneyland!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Sarahs33

Dear Sarahs33,

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Been going there for 10 years now. We go and stay there a few times a year. I have to say THIS place has gone so down hill. The menu for secret garden has changed. No variety at all .staff walk round like they do not care. Wait so long at the bar you just want to give up. The rooms are not as clean as they used to be. And don't even start me on the theame park. Queued up from 9am for the mono rail. Got to the park at 10am. Then there was no barcodes on our tickets x6.... had to que for hours and finally got on to the park at 11.45 am. Oh and managed to get on one ride. Wicker man broke down. This place needs descent management.... stop cutting corners and staff and sort your selves out Alton towers.......

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank WayneG1515

Dear Wayne G,

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

You know what? This could have been an amazing stay, I was devastated it wasn’t we had such a poor Xmas and New Year this was our little get away. Hotel was immaculate, staff were friendly first night in our standard room was fine, then the next morning there was banging, drilling as if it was next door let’s just say I’m glad I don’t have a heart condition. I called reception and I couldn’t hear the receptionist and she couldn’t hear me due to the noise.
We went to reception and I had paid £270 for a 2 night stay with 1 day in the waterpark. The manager kindly upgraded our room (moon) pictures attached. The room was fantastic really aimed at children. We ended up going to the waterpark for the two days and the second night in the hotel the thermostat went in the shower and because I was lathered up to the hilt I was jumping in and out of the shower so I wouldn’t be scalded. I called reception and within 30-40 mins the maintenance men were there and immediately changed the thermostat. I have to be realistic and understand that these were a series of unfortunate events. I raised this issue before I left and I was given a reference number for 2 Alton Towers theme park tickets. I went w/e 27th January so the theme park was still closed at this point. I’m not sure if we will come back.
We went to the secret garden for breakfast and lunch first day was a weekend and the buffet was set up second day more off peak and just some spa guests and the staff just couldn’t be bothered with the ‘stragglers’ no one showed us where the hot drinks/juice/glasses were as the set up was different from the weekend.
Lunch and dinner was better staff much more attentive and helpful. Food was amazing
The decor was fun and playful very much appreciated for children and adults alike.
Overall
I appreciate the gestures the customer service representative made but the experience of it all was far more stressful than I had anticipated. This mini-break meant a lot to us and just didn’t live up to the standard I had anticipated. I hope you all have better luck!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Shanila Y

Dear ShanilaYasmeen,

Thank you for taking the time to review Alton Towers Resort on Trip Advisor.

We are so pleased to hear that you found the atmosphere and food to be good. However, we are disappointed of many aspects of your stay and can sincerely apologise for that.

We really appreciate your feedback, as this ensures that we are offering the very best to our guests.

Thank you once again and we hope welcome you very soon.