“very poor service put us off”
Review of Bolaka Spice - CLOSED

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2015

We had booked a meal for 6 and arrived 5 minutes early. The restaurant was empty, so were surprised it took 10 minutes to order. That was followed by waiting 40 minutes for our first course! I Complained after 25 minutes and got a shrug and was told the oven wasn't hot enough. 2 people ordered prawn tikka, one had a full plate, the other half that, we complained and some more prawns came straight away - so much for cold ovens!
We had to wait another 25 minutes for the main course, 2 other tableshad been occupied by then, but they had no food. Over 2 hours to order and eat 2 courses was unacceptable and we told the serving staf, no manager was there.
The food was good quality but not worth the wait.
We paid and tried to leave, but the door was locked until they had checked we had paid in full!!
Do not visit unless you are prepared to have poor service.

Reviewed April 28, 2015

We are regular diners at this restaurant and have been for many years. The food is always excellent, always very fresh and cooked with great care. I would highly recommend the food and although the service can be a bit slow at busy times the food is always well worth the wait!!

Reviewed March 11, 2015 via mobile

Best curry we have had for a long time, tasted fresh with plenty of spice. Would defiantly visit again if we are in Leek

Reviewed October 18, 2014

I recently ordered a meal from here and the person on the phone said 40 minutes to a hour after 50 minutes I gave them the benefit of the doubt and left it till an hour had passed Incase they were busy as it was a Saturday however 20 minutes later the food still wasn't here so I rang to see what was going on. The person on the phone reassured me that it would be there any second so I left it. However a further 10 minutes later the food wasn't here. So again I rang to ask and again he replied that it would be there at some point soon. I continued to wait another 10 minutes before my food arrived with no reasonable explanation of why it was so late. When it came to eating the food it was great. I strongly recommend if you want food on time you collect it yourself.

Reviewed October 10, 2014

If you want Excellent Indian cuisine this is the place to come in Leek. Not to say the other establishments in Leek are not up to scratch - Just this one is my favorite. Fresh ingredients, genuine spices and herbs - all freshly prepared. Yes the decor is a tad tired and naff and the staff need to be engaged before you see a smile - but that's life. I'm not paying for a false toothy grin - I have paid for and enjoyed excellent food.

1  Thank mikeice