All reviews the pub extensive menu birthday lunch catch up mash excellent food sea bass evening meal family celebration couldn t cooked to perfection fantastic stay pudding b and b smokies specials mains
Reviewed October 3, 2018

I have eaten lunch here several times and have never had a bad meal, Service is always cheerful and friendly, the pub has a welcoming atmosphere and the menu is varied and well priced - two courses £12, three £15.
The quality of food is good as are the portion sizes; the Dun Cow Smokies starter, flaked haddock in a cheese sauce topped with mash, would almost constitute a main in some restaurants. Everything I, and the people I have been with, have been served has been well cooked while the nine mains on the menu have a good spread of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes. Puddings are traditional and, like everything else, well presented.
There is a decent range of drinks at the bar and It is hard to find fault; for the price it is outstanding value and highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We cannot fault this place. From a lovely warm welcome to the nicest Sunday lunch we have ever had. Lovely selection on menu, freshly cooked, piping hot and beautifully presented. Nothing too much trouble, not rushed and a smile with the service. No end of businesses should receive training from this team because this is exactly how it should be done. Well done and thank you! We will return.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I visited here for a nice meal and catch up. Not been here for a couple of years and was not as nice as I remembered. The presentation of the food was beautiful, but I didn’t like the taste of my dishes at all. I had smokies for start and seabass with prawns for main. I don’t think any of us were over impressed with our dishes. The chairs were very uncomfortable, my husband and one of our other friends especially found it uncomfortable. I think it could do with modernising now, looks a bit tired inside now. Don’t think we will be returning in a hurry.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight for a family celebration. Room was very clean and comfortable, not to mention spacious. We had everything we needed and nothing was too much trouble. The added bonus is the bar and restaurant is just a short walk downstairs. Highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

After a couple of lovely meals here over the past year this visit was disappointing. Ordered Roast of the day which was Roast pork we were served a tough pork steak in a cider sauce without any of the usual accompaniments of stuffing and Apple sauce.Veg was nice. Service was fine but no response to our query about it being the correct meal. Will give it a miss for a while.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple