See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

Well what can I say . I feel I will never be clean again. dirty room . . broken shower no hot water. Bugs visibly crawling on the carpet. Other guests rubbish and filth still under the bed and the flat screen TV was not a flat screen and was older than I am. No manager to complain to on site . Will not let this go . Full refund is required . AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank quinn79
Reviewed September 14, 2018

This was an awful experience. After trying three rooms I finally found one that had been cleaned and had a made up bed.

The halls smelled strongly of cigarette smoke and I couldn't even have a shower as there was no hot water.

There were no tea or coffee making facilities. The restaurant and bar had been mothballed. No breakfast. No coffee.

Very unpleasant.

Room tip: Don't try here if you want a good room
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank B M
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

After a mix up of dates we needed a last minute hotel for a family visit to Alton towers. The ceder tree was the closest available option with a family room available. After reading the reviews on here I was very apprehensive but it was that or sleep in the car.
Check in was quick and easy, receptionist was polite and took the time to speak to my children whilst we waited. We were on the first floor in room 4 which consisted of two separate bedroom areas and a bathroom, perfect for families with older children who don't want to share a room with mum and dad.
The room itself was clean,with fresh spotless bedding and fluffy towels provided, however they do need updating quite badly as the paintwork was tired and chipped in places as well as cracks in the walls and ceiling. The bathroom had been cleaned but the toiletries provided looked as if they had been there for a while as we take out own we had no need to use them.
My main issue was lack of tea/coffee facilities in the room.,yes it is a available free downstairs in the bar 24hrs but I prefer to be able to make it myself whilst I get ready in the morning, but that's just me.
All in all I would have no issues booking here again and it certainly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

This is not a hotel.. it is a foreign workers doss house. We complained about the filthy state of the room and bathroom..broken tiles, damp on the ceiling, unsafe electrical sockets, a dirty workers sock between wall and bed to name just a few issues. Whilst the receptionist agreed it was a dreadful hole she could do nothing to help. She promised we would get a refund. We have complained to the owners, written and phoned but they have not responded and the promise of a full refund has never been honoured. It may be cheap..but cheap is no excuse for filthy rooms damp on the walls and a total lack of maintenance. I simply do not understand who would find this place an acceptable place to stay in for 5 minutes let alone a whole night! Where else have they stayed? Each to their own. The place should be shut down immediately and the property taken off the Booking.com website. Don't donate your money to this filthy hole...and I mean hole. The owners should be ashamed of themselves.

Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank Helen C
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on the 29th and 30th June only because we had no choice. First night here we had to move rooms 3 times to get one that was halfway clean. One room had hairs all over the carpet and the bed and all the bathrooms had black mould growing in them. Avoid like the plague. The one star is awarded to the guy on the desk who couldn't apologise enough and did everything possible to make our stay as comfortable as possible

Date of stay: June 2018