Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Brian S
Ashby del la zouch, Leicestershire

Poor restaurant

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 28, 2024
Nice hotel however we experienced noise at 3am am and a strong smell of cigarette smoke in our room. There are no signs in the room for people not to smoke.
Very disappointing restaurant experience, we both ordered salmon and when it arrived there was hardly anything on the plate, 4 potatoes, 4 small tomato s and some broccoli £39 for two people utter rip off.
When I mentioned this to the waiter he said the portions were set by the management. Not good!
Management please look into reviewing your policy.
Trip type: Travelled with family
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded May 29, 2024
Hi 308BrianS,

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet our usual standards and that this affected your stay with us.

Further to the issues that you have brought to our attention I would like to assure you that these have been investigated internally and all comments have been passed onto management.

Once again thank you for providing us with these comments.
C$63
    C$118
2.1 km from Holiday Inn Washington, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Washington
1,202 results
All reviews coach party buffet style breakfast was excellent restaurant staff stayed here for one night plenty of parking an overnight stay full english beamish museum newcastle wedding sam angel
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2024 via mobile

Freddie and I booked two rooms at this hotel last week after a day working in Newcastle

Our meeting the following morning was in Sunderland so the hotel was well placed and extremely well priced for our accommodation

The hotel has a large and easily accessible car park and conveniently you can enter the hotel from a rear entrance immediately off the car park

The reception, lifts and lounge are all standard Holiday Inn

Our reception was prompt and informative and we paid an additional £12 each for breakfast

That night we ordered a Delivero to be deliver to our hotel

Strangely I had to meet the delivery driver in the Car Park as he informed me that he wasn’t allowed to enter the hotel?

I requested two plates and cutlery that was politely provided and we dinned in our rooms

My bedroom was more than comfortable and perfectly clean and comfortable. The Bathroom was a shower over bath but warm and fresh

I awoke refreshed and ready for breakfast which was a slightly improved version of multiple Holiday Inn offering,s

A slightly better than average Holiday Inn that would be more suited to the business guest

Very conveniently located for access to motorways

Trip type: Travelled on business
Guest Service Manager HI Washington, Owner at Holiday Inn Washington, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2024

Hi Jeremy,
Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stays with us, and will make sure your feedback is passed onto the team involved.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2024

Pye Hill and District Male Voice Choir spent 3 days at the Holiday Inn Washington and could not have been looked after better. From the moment the manager met us and allocated our rooms, nothing was too much trouble for them. The staff in the restaurant and on the bar were extremely friendly and efficient, the room was spacious, comfortable and clean, and the meals first class. Everyone in our party thoroughly enjoyed our experience at the Holiday Inn Washington. John Pritchard, Chairman.

Room tip: First class stay here
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to hear you all enjoyed your weekend with us, and will make sure your feedback is passed onto the team involved.
We hope to welcome you all back again soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2024

I was in the area for 2 nights on business. I have stopped here once before, so I had no hesitation in booking again. What more can I say than, the rooms are clean and good to stop in, the food at breakfast and evening meals are really good, and the staff are excellent and friendly. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Guest Service Manager HI Washington, Owner at Holiday Inn Washington, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2024

Thank you for your kind words and lovely feedback, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2024

I was really shocked about the grim state of the standard rooms at the Holiday Inn, Washington, Newcastle upon Tyne. Hands down the worst hotel room ever stayed in. Hopefully there are plans to refurbish them. I can’t actually believe they charge money to stay here!

Stains on towels, stains on lamp furnishings, painted bath with the paint all peeling off, mould in the grout, ripped bed surrounds, Smokey smell. YUK. If you can, avoid this hotel or ask if they have refurbished rooms. Sadly the hotel was full and I couldn’t change rooms.

Room tip: Avoid if you can and save your money!!! If you do stay here ask for a refurbished room
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest Service Manager HI Washington, Owner at Holiday Inn Washington, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2024

Hi EmmaeN7927OY

Further to the issues that you have brought to our attention I would like to assure you that these will be investigated internally.

I would like to assure you that this falls far below our expected standards and I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Due to the issues you have faced IHG have authorized compensation as a form of apology on behalf of IHG and the Hotel.

Once again, I thank you for making us aware of these issues and I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience it may have caused.

Reviewed April 18, 2024

Stayed over for 1 night in April with family.
Pros: One nice lady on reception and the maintenance man was cheery. Childrens 'wish' is a lovely idea.

Cons: Issue with heater in the bedroom banging constantly from 4am so we didnt get a good night sleep before a long journey. No response to my feedback I sent when I was emailed asking if I would rate our stay 10/10, was more 4/10.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest Service Manager HI Washington, Owner at Holiday Inn Washington, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2024

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry to learn that you encountered issues whilst staying with us.
Your feedback has been passed along to the relevant internal Hotel Management in order to investigate and rectify.

Once again thank you for providing us with these comments.