All reviews sunken bath fusion restaurant clean towels from australia room was spacious great shower three course meal railway station plenty of parking
Reviewed January 23, 2018

A party of six of us stayed here in order to attend a family funeral in Rugby. We arrived on Thursday and checked out on Saturday morning. On Thursday evening, tired from the journey (plane, train and automobile) we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant. Thursday night was "Curry Night" and the meal was excellent. During this time we made the acquaintance of two staff members, Dorota and Krum, both from Eastern Europe, who were very friendly and helpful. the dining room and bar area were, in my opinion, quite cold, which, given that it was January and snowing outside, might have been avoided. Our hotel room was cosy and the bed very comfortable. Tea/coffee making facilities were available. The bathroom looked as if it had been recently refurbished. Both the room and the bathroom were quite small but, for a short stay, that was not important. The hotel didn't seem to be very busy, apart from the aftermath of the funeral, which was held in one of the dining areas. I'd stay there again, if I found myself in the area. It's close to the station and there is a nice pub around the corner.
As a postscript, one of our party had a fall on the stairs and sustained a broken arm. This might have been avoided if there had been a proper grippable handrail, which is a health and safety requirement in Ireland. The stairs are old fashioned, with a bannister on one section and a wide dado rail on the other, neither of which are fully grippable by hand. I hope the hotel will address this issue.

Room Tip: Bigger rooms are higher up. Ours was smallish.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Smackdo
Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while on business in Rugby.
The hotel looks nice from the outside and is handy for the railway station but is very tired and quite shabby inside.
The room was small but clean and the bathroom was spotless but had a weird damp smell, a bit like tomcats!
Breakfast wasnt up to much and the coffee was totally tasteless. It was handy for my meeting but I wouldn’t choose to stay here.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2017

Twelve of us met here for Christmas lunch. Table was beautifully arranged, food was excellent, service was exemplary and the price was really good for a three course meal with mince pie and coffee. One of our company is disabled and they discretely prepared the food required. Nothing was too much trouble. It’s a great shame more people don’t try the restaurant here, it’s got a lot to offer.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank CyntraB
Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night whilst in rugby. Room was spacious with a comfy bed, nice modern bathroom. Plenty of parking. Walls a bit thin & creaky floors but overall happy with our stay. Staff were friendly.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in room 27 nice and clean my heating wasn’t working properly but i was offered an electric heater straight away and the heating was fixed the staff are all very helpful especially the young lady in the bar/ restaurant nothing was to much trouble thank you and the food was nice especially the lamb shank . I will us this hotel next time I am in Really guy thank you all .

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business