All reviews lovely afternoon tea burgess hill wedding venue quiet location good size three course meal bed and breakfast function room two night stay car park full english couple of nights pleasant stay classic lodges the ground floor tea and coffee member of staff
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

We were given their deluxe tea as a present. The tea, we had earl grey, was slightly unusual but very good

The selection of sandwiches, cakes and fancies were excellent.

We had a really lovely time there. The staff were very friendly as well

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andy w
Paul T, General Manager at The Hickstead, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear Andy W

Thank you for your recent review and I am delighted to hear that you had a lovely time enjoying your afternoon tea with us. I do hope we see you back again soon,

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Really friendly staff for our recent family party. They were helpful but unobtrusive. Hotel could really do with a spruce up and our bed mattress was old and tired. The pillows left quite a lot to be desired as well. Good location very near A23.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Kestonr2018

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to hear that you had a nice family event with us. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2018

we had afternoon tea at the Hickstead. Sandwiches, champagne, scones and bite size desserts were all bought to the table at the same time. After that we didnt see one single member of staff - no one came to see if all was well. There was only one small tea plate each for both sandwiches and cake. I didnt fancy putting scone or dessert on my plate which had mayonnaise and sandwich crumbs on it so took a plate from the neighbouring table. There was no napkin. The tea on offer was Tetley! no offer of any other more up market or speciality tea. I would not go back and was glad that we had not paid for this delight - we had been given a voucher.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Kate R

Thank you for your recent review and I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your afternoon tea. We do value all our customer's feedback which is very valuable to us and I can assure you we will be reviewing your comments in order to take the corrective action training as appropriate. We do hope you give us another chance in the future and if you do decide to visit then please call Andy at the hotel who will be delighted to assist with your reservation.

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Food was nice and service was quick. Was left waiting at the bar for drinks a few times with nobody in sight. hotel room looked fine. The Bed was so uncomfortable quite possibly the worst night sleep I have ever had and the pillows were uncomfortable. Woke up with a bad back and the room was boiling. Friends who also stayed in another room had the same issues as us. Would not stay here again which is a shame as it is in a nice location and has good points but the bad points outweighs those.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Paul T, General Manager at The Hickstead, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Dear Vicky H

Thank you for your recent review and for your valuable feedback. I am sorry to hear that you found the bed uncomfortable and I can assure you we have taken on board your comments in order to implement correction training action as appropriate. I do hope you reconsider your decision not to return as I am sure you will experience us in a better light.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

We stay here when we visit family in Brighton, as not a million miles, huge car park with plenty of space, rooms are nice clean and have every thing, breakfast great and staff very pleasant, Very quiet, and there is a bar if you wish to have a drink.

Stayed: December 2017
Paul T, General Manager at The Hickstead, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Dear Pembrokeshire L

Thank you for your review and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.