“Very Chilled weekend”

Bailiffscourt Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Climping
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Just returned from Bailiffscourt where we have had an amazing weekend. This is a very chilled hotel with great staff and a wonderful setting. Our bedroom was fantasic, and the real fire in the room was a great touch. A big thank you to Chris who really made us feel welcome throughout the stay. I must say that the restaurant was brilliant and the food and wine selection really enjoyable.
Thanks for a great stay, this has been one of the best hotels I have stayed at, and all credit goes to the Chris and the team for a very well run hotel.
We will be back, and soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main house, with a fourposter bed and log fire. Magic
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Enjoyed a relaxing short weekend stay in this "little gem" staying in a lovely room named "baylies", purchased as a gift voucher as a treat. Never have we experienced such an eclectic mix that gels as well, within a truly phenomenal building, our room was unique, well furnished and luxuriously comfortable whilst remaining understated and homely. The staff were as attentive as in the finest, whilst remaining unobtrusive and friendly. The restaurant proved good and overall, we would highly recommend to anyone, seeking a unique, relaxing stay, with quality and comforts, whilst remaining different from the main and situated in an again unique and outstanding location. Prices also seem fair and represent good value. We didn't explore the spa facilities and unfortunately did not have time to tke advantage of massages included in offer but will be back for a slightly longer break soon, in order to saviour the experience for a little longer. A real "escape" from it all hotel, with great staff, wonderful buildings and well furnished rooms - and although we were not particularly demanding, a sense of willingness to please, that would satisfy anyone, seeking a good value, luxury break.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Balisffscourt is still stunning, the rooms amazing but ' Oh Dear ' We looked for ward to our meal and were so disappointed. My Starter was Scollops deep fried. When they arrived they smelt of stale oil (like fish and chips do). I ate them but was not very impressed. The head waiter apologised and I thought no more of it. My main of Duck arrived. I'd requested some extra sauce on the side which was there. I poured it over and started to eat... What I was tasting was SALT with maybe some OXO mixed in and a little hot water. Eeeek, nasty and not what should be served with any dish, let alone Duck. My wife tried some and she felt the same, I tried to struggle on but just couldn't. By this time the head waiter had noticed my face.. I explained the problem and he tried the sauce himself and agreed that it was a bit salty. By this time I'd had enough and we decided to call it a day and went back to our room. When i checked out the following morning I commented on the meal and asked if the head chef had been there or if there had been a problem with staff in the kitchen. I was told that he was there. I did question how a top chef could allow something like that to leave his kitchen? I was given £29.95 off my bill of nearly £600! I think that maybe I'll go elsewhere from now on.... What a sham.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kipims
ChrisAlger, General Manager at Bailiffscourt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2012

I appreciate your candid feedback, but looking at the scores you gave I was very surprised you closed your statement with ’What a sham’ I am hoping it was meant to be phrased ‘What a Shame’?
The Duck has been a very popular dish and the sauce served is a Red wine jus, which simply put simply is stock, red wine etc which has been heavily reduced, resulting is a rich and full flavoured sauce. I agree that serving the jus in large quantities would not be good and in the future we will ensure guests are advised against this. Salt is not added at any stage.
I believe we offered to provide you with another main course and as this was declined the Restaurant manager had the cost of the main course removed – this I feel was fair.
The room you chose was one of our Feature rooms, which you scored 5/5, on a Saturday night this room is currently £500 on a dinner bed and breakfast basis. There are currently some special midweek offers which are fantastic value, dinner bed and breakfast in a Feature room £380, or £280 in a Superior room all include access to our Spa.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

What a lovely way to spend New Years Eve with a champagne afternoon tea to start and then a wonderful 5 course dinner in the evening with entertainment.
Hospitality was first class and we will definitely be returning!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
ChrisAlger, General Manager at Bailiffscourt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Thank you for your feedback & delighted you had a great time.
If you are looking for another getaway we have some excellent offers out at the moment -
Dinner bed and breakfast in a Superior room £280 per night, based on two sharing OR if you need some extra pampering our Luxury Spa break £360, dinner bed and breakfast, which includes £100 treatment vouchers (for free!)

Reviewed 1 January 2012

We love this hotel, it was a perfect venue with an exemplary team for our New Year Celebrations. Everything was excellent, from afternoon tea, dinner and party after, everyone was very friendly and staff contributed to the super atmosphere, being relaxed and efficient, it was really a marvelous evening.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annie b
Reviewed 1 January 2012

A great hotel and excellent team managed by Chris -nothing is too much trouble.
For a New Years getaway, dinner and dance this hotel and spa was perfect. Welcoming of families couples and groups of friends a like the evening was a great do with a nice mix of people. The meal was fantastic, i always prefer a live band to a DJ but the party was still a good night to the early hours. The annual tradition of a New Years day swim in the sea is a perfect hangover cure! Let's see the rest of the team in there too next time! Highly recommend along with the Spa.

• Stayed: December 2011

Many thanks for your feedback & delighted you had a great time & take on board your comment regarding the band v disco.
Not sure if we will get too many more staff for the swim - but I have to say what an excellent turn out by the guests - well done to you chaps!
Look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the new year
Regards
Chris

Reviewed 16 December 2011

The atmosphere of this hotel is absolutely charming, the creature comfort service is great and food enjoyable. My room was large and roomy.

What marred my experience was that elemental technical things didn't work - TV remote and internet in the room (cable, no WiFi) could not be gotten to work in a 3-day stay. WiFi in the main house did work, but at low capacity, and there was not even a basic speaker-phone at short notice. Mobile reception (this of course the hotel can do little about) was intermittent on top.

If you want to get away from it all, this is your place.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank P_Stibbons

Many thanks for your feedback and pleased you had an enjoyable stay overall.
I share your frustration with regards to the WiFi & Internet not working - but these have been restored to full working order.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Climping
23.6 km away
Hilton Avisford Park
#5 of 7 in Arundel
19.9 km away
Millstream Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Bailiffscourt Hotel? Share your experiences!