All reviews business trip no lift very pleasant stay breakfast was excellent attending a wedding cooked breakfast the ground floor lounge area good size full english double room town centre royal hospital would stay again short stay one night stay yogurt
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A modest room ( 301 ) - a maze of hallways and stairs to finally get to the room. 1st impressions - a cold, small room and though a double bed this was a single room with very little area around the bed. The carpets were unfortunately in need of a more vigorous hoover. At £91 excluding breakfast I consider it overpriced. Just average.
p.s the guy at reception needs to slow down with his welcome explanation - he spoke at 100 miles an hour without a break.

Room tip: Ask how far you need to walk to your room as no lift in the area I stayed on the 2nd floor.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stopped for one night whilst on business. Plenty of parking available, efficient but unwelcoming check in (having driven for four hours and then waited a while for two people to check in, the chap on reception barked “NAME?” At me. Perhaps he previously worked at a correctional facility? ) The room had two single beds and I mean single - i think I was 10 the last time i slept in one but apart from the size, they were comfortable and the bathroom, although small had a bath which was welcome. Very thin walls, I could hear the guy next door coughing so take ear plugs. All in all, OK but I would have rather stayed at a Premium Inn for the money - the one in Burgess Hill was full at the time of booking.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Patrick W, General Manager at The Birch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing your recent stay at the Birch Hotel, Haywards Heath as it is important to me I receive guest feedback. At the Birch we do have some twin bedded rooms but most of our 51 rooms have Double beds and we always try to allocate these first to our guests as I fully understand where you are coming from. I will bring the issue of the unfriendly reception to my teams notice and ensure this is improved. I thank you again and assure you of a better experience in the future .
best regards

Reviewed November 6, 2018

Stayed two nights on business a couple of weeks ago and I found it overall a very pleasant stay.

Good sized room, clean, comfortable and modern. Good bathroom.

Breakfast was excellent and included in the price.

Only negative thing was I found the bar a bit brash and uninviting.

Date of stay: October 2018
Patrick W, General Manager at The Birch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing your recent stay at the Birch Hotel, Haywards Heath as it is important to me I receive guest feedback. I am pleased to read that your stay met with your expectations . We look forward to welcoming you back to the birch Hotel in the future .
Best regards

Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

Freddie and booked two rooms at The Birches on Booking.com

Clean and comfortable with an ok bar and restaurant The Birches is definitely a business venue

Large easy parking and nice spacious bathrooms not much to criticize but also not much to make outstanding

Probably best choice in Haywards Heath and convenient for station and shops

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Patrick W, General Manager at The Birch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing your recent stay at the Birch Hotel, Haywards Heath . It is important to me I receive guest feedback as this assists me in evaluating our performance. I am pleased to read that in the main your stay met with your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Birch Hotel in the future .
best regards

Reviewed August 29, 2018

Stayed at the Birch Hotel following attending a wedding at Lewes Castle. Late checking in and this was smooth and efficient. We had a couple of drinks in the bar. very pleasent.
The room was small but adequate with teamaking facilities. It was presented very clean.
Whilst very small the bathroom had a walkin shower. My pet hate is showers over baths. So this was a big plus.
Overall the Birch served its purpose.

Date of stay: July 2018