“Excellent guest house and in my top 5”

East Beach Guest House
Ranked #2 of 15 Littlehampton B&B and Inns
Liverpool / London
“Excellent guest house and in my top 5”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Stayed at the guest house from Friday to Sunday March 2012...we wanted to stay outside of Brighton to avoid the hassle and bustle of the city but still be able to get to Brighton on 45 minutes..

We were three 40+ men off to pay in a poker competition and wanted some where clean,tidy and quiet for or base for 2 days

We were met by the owner who showed us to our rooms, one double and a single and also shown around the guesthouse

The rooms were very clean and tidy and came with en suite shower room, a shower room were the shower actually worked and had decent pressure, unlike a lot of b and bs and guest houses I've stayed at

It's a 5 minute walk to shops and bars and 10 minutes to the train station, the harvester restaurant and bar is directly opposite and on the beach front and there is plenty of things to do for kids within walking distance of the guest house

The breakfast was tremendous. Good old fashioned full English with tea and coffee and also juices and croissants if you like the continental breakfast

The guest house is in excellent condition and comes with free wifi.

All in all 10 /10

So much so I will be going back with my wife and grandson to stay at the end of march

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2012

My wife and two children (aged 6 and 4) had a three night stay at East Beach whilst visiting family. We stayed in the family room, which was much more spacious than many family rooms we have stayed in. The room was warm, despite the very cold day we arrived on. The parking was good, the owners lending us a permit for the nearby council car park. The children were in bunk beds and were very happy. The owners were welcoming to the children. The breakfast was excellent, a good choice of cooked breakfasts (the salmon and scrambled egg was particularly nice), as well as fresh fruit, home made muesli, and home-made muffins. My daughter described the banana muffins as 'the nicest in the world'!

A good stay, and I would certainly recommend the hotel to other families.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Lovely room - very comfortable beds, good shower and lots of nice little touches like good-quality toiletries. Great location: sea view, car parking facilities and close to lots of delicious restaurants (we ate at the fish factory: fantastic food, very reasonable). Very welcoming service and delicious breakfast. Really like the fact that the dining room has a 'chill out' area with comfy chairs and tv / dvds.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Haywards Heath
Reviewed 26 November 2011

My son and I had the pleasure of staying at East Beach Guest House a couple of weeks ago. We found the room (Twin) to be of outstanding quality! The shower was really clean, and the beds were so comfy. We also found the breakfast to be really yummy, and I must say that Trina is a wonderful cook! We really enjoyed the sea view whilst having our breakfast and found that to be one of the highlights of our stay! I can not fault this place in any way, and we have already booked in for the New Year, I would highly recommend a visit to the East Beach Guest house if you wish to guarantee your self a luxury little break away by the sea.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Came to Littlehampton to visit family for a few days and chose this guest house on a recommendation....so glad I did! My room was the single sea view room which was just divine, warm and cozy. I was very impressed with the shower it was a good size and not an electric power shower but a proper one with plenty of pressure. The room itself was ample space for one person with plenty clothes storage spaces, the desk was a good size where I could sit and check my emails....I have to mention that the internet was very fast compared to mine at home and free, and added bonus!!
I took advantage of using the guest lounge to watch a DVD from a great selection of films and could just go and sit relax, enjoy the view and read, so really you don't have to be in your room all the time. Trina very kindly suggested that if my family came to visit we were more than welcome to use the lounge in the dining room to meet up and entertain them.

Breakfast was just fantastic so much choice, with a big platter of fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals my favorite was the home made muesli, and the fresh baked banana muffins were yum. On the one day I had a cooked breakfast I chose the smoked salmon scrambled eggs it was absolutely cooked to perfection soft and light with extra salmon on the side.....I was offered extra coffee and toast every day.

i felt very welcome and chatted a lot with Anthony and Trina, thank you both for all your help during my stay, it was much appreciated. I will definitely be back and will highly recommend to my friends.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 November 2011

We spent a w/e at this B&B and we enjoyed it. The rooms were very clean, the bedding of very good quality, the bathroom/shower room was very functional and clean and all in all a good stay. Plenty of pillows, furniture of good quality. Perhaps a couple more hangers for the clothes would have been helpful other than that jolly good indeed. Breakfast room pretty spacious and well decorated and very contemporary. Breakfast with sea view. This guest house is very well located and should we return to Littlehampton we would happily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sw01bgn
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Good website - good location for sea front and surounding area. Good welcome, very nice rooms comfortable beds - very clean modern en-suite - plenty of tea and coffee in rooms with the option of fresh milk instead of cartons.
Generous breackfast well cooked - good service from owners helpfull and gave space and privacy to guests.
Would stay again and have recommend it already.

Room Tip: Front rooms have view to sea with nice bay window.