“Out of my box but I liked!”

Monk's Kitchen & angillo's PIZZA
Ranked #12 of 49 Restaurants in Harrison
Cuisines: American
Description: 45030
Description: 45030
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

On a new eating plan, carb free, so choices get a little boring. This was a great treat!! Got a Chicken Log which is basically a healthy ckn burrito with no tortilla. Pile of fresh salad veggies I would have NEVER put together and it was delicious! Cute, cozy eclectic decorated little bistro atmosphere with front side walk or back porch options for dining as well. Friends loved their choices too. An amazing Pesto Sauce! On Broadway downtown Lebanon. A must try!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I prefer to patronize non-chain restaurants. The owner takes extra care to give great service. The food here is excellent, my favorite being the BLT on wheat. Servings are HUGE! Food is made-to-order.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We were getting gas on a trip through KY/OH, and saw that Monk's had great TripAdvisor reviews, so we stopped in. The staff was friendly and very helpful, strongly recommending their best-selling sandwich (the Salvation, maybe?). It was a bit of a dive, which can be OK, but the overhead A/C seemed to be dripping dirty water from the ceiling onto the floor, partly into a dirty bucket. One sandwich maker left the cash register after handling dirty money, wiped his hands on his pants, and started making bare-handed sandwiches. Ick.

The sandwich was delicious, though. I hope they get the leak fixed. Soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Hoagies are great and a nice size, not just a bunch of bread. Pizza is also good. Friendly place. Orders are prepared quickly and we have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Pros: the bread is fantastic and unique. The sliced turkey is my fav and it is toasted with mayo, tomato, lettuce and sliced onions. So good! Hoagies and pizza are good too. There is a wide variety of items on the menu.

Cons: The place is a dump. They used to be located in an old remodeled roller-skating rink and it was awesome. They're now located in an old gas station. The dining room is dismal and dark. The restroom leaves much to be desired. Another con is that the owner gives you a dirty look when you redeem a coupon. Lastly, whenever I've called to place an order I'm placed on hold for 3-5 minutes, sometimes longer.

Forgot to mention...don't order a kid's meal. I ordered a turkey sandwich for my daughter off the kid's meal. It was one slice of turkey on a stale, hard hamburger bun. I was disappointed that they didn't use their yummy bread.