All reviews open air palapa rustica luna property steps breeze privacy hosts comfort
Reviewed June 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Casa de los Suenos for a weekend to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We were looking for something that was beautiful, quiet and relaxing. We were not disappointed! We stayed in Corona del Sol, and we felt like we were in a treetop hideaway. The view was stunning, and the sound of the birds was just lovely. Shannon was extremely helpful for planning and preparation. If you want an experience that is off the beaten path with rustic charm, then Yelapa and Los Suenos is the place for you!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JGCarroll
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Upon learning that the boat taxi to the remote village of El Chimo was not running, we decided to check in early at Casas de los Suenos during our honeymoon. The caretaker, Maria, was very accommodating and hospitable, giving us the full tour and letting us have our choice of the many, unique and beautiful casas. We stayed in the Casa Neo and very much enjoyed the spacious patio, kitchenette, bathroom and the King Wonderbed! The prices are quite reasonable and the grounds are lovely, with very nice landscaping. Maria recommended an excellent Thai food night at a local restaurant where we were able to enjoy an open mike and the crazy sounds of the jungle with some locals and ex-pats. Yelapa itself is a bit off the beaten path and rustic or rural is definitely a good description (once you get beyond the beach where all of the booze cruises stop for lunch). There are no ATM's in Yelapa, so bring plenty of cash! Maria was kind enough to take a credit card for the room charges so our cash supply wasn't totally depleted. And her son was clever enough to show my husband how to break open a coconut! The place has a very neat story behind it (Bob Dylan was a regular at one time!). But it should be very duly noted that this is on the interface of the beach and jungle. You are definitely IN the jungle (baby). I'm kinda squeamish about bugs and things, but I survived with nary a close call. I absolutely cannot wait until we can make another trip down to Yelapa, we will definitely stay at Casas de Los Suenos.

Room Tip: Come immediately after the busy season...
  • Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kdt22
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I've always longed for simple sweet lodging, near the sea, with good beds and good coffee. I've found it and more at Casa Grande at Casa de los Suenos. It was Heaven. There were four of us in the "casa" and we socialized frequently, but feltt in each other's way. I can't begin to list all of the wonderful things, starting with our host, Shannon, and ending with happy hour margaritas on the patio with good friends. It's a wonderful, romantic place, that isn't too fancy or fru-fru. Thanks, and I'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I've been to Yelapa many times so this Year I decided to share its magic with friends, so I celebrated my birthday there. Since there had been a cancelation, we were able to take over the entire Suenos property: 6 casitas that will sleep up to 20 guests.
There aren't enough supurlatives to describe our experience. Everyone gushed about the beaury of the surroundings. Shannon accomodated everyone with warmth and grace that went beyond hospitality! I can't add anything about the beauty of the rooms or views or service that hasn't been said above.
I fell in love with Suenos and the Yateses on a couple earlier trips to Yelapa, but this time I felt like we all became family. Is there something that's beyond perfect? If so, Suenos is it!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank keenplanner
Reviewed January 10, 2011

My wife and I spent a week in the Coronado del Sol palapas at the Casa de los Suenos. What a great place to spend a week of total relaxation!
Our papalas was the highest one on the property and thus had the better view. I would highly recommend that one because it offers more privacy than most of the others.
The palapas was elegantly appointed with minimal and rustic mexican furniture. No need to have any more than what is already there. Marcelina did a great job cleaning our room every day.
I would recomend bringing ear plugs for the first couple of nights since the sound of the surf below can be unsettling for some. There are also 10 millions roosters in Yelapa and they start their day at 5:00am.
David was a great host and he did a great job entertaining all/some of his guests late afternoon. It gives the opportunity to meet the other guests and share information on what to do, where to go, ...
I will conclude that Los Suenos is the most professional outfit in Yelapa, ... by far.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple