We stayed for two nights in a self contained cabin using a Groupon deal. The main course of a dinner on the Friday night in the lodge restaurant was also included.
The location of this lodge is fantastic being pretty well as a close as you can get to a wide range of walks around Blackheath. Great for a rejuvinating and romantic weekend.
The cabin like all others is set away from adjoining cabins so there is a nice level of privacy. the way the resort has integrated the natural environment with the cabins is superb, as are the wonderful crimson rosellas that drop in for a morning feed. Otherwise there is a degree of crossover between ecologically sustainable and being comfortable. Things like fewer towels, compostable toilets (no smell!), a natural fireplace, rustic style internal feel, low powered lighting contribute to the sustainability theme.
Still they had a coffee plunger and real coffee in the room! So much better than Nescafe. Also the main reception area has free tea and good coffee as well and a nice fireplace. Sadly it is not always open in the evening eg Saturday night but when it was, it is good.
Lighting at night wasn't really sufficient to read a book but hey relaxing in front of the fire was really nice.
Food pricing was a bit variable - some things were very reasonable and others seemed to be quite expensive (eg continental brekky kit for $20 each) but some of the explanation for this was probably that organic food was being used. The Friday night meal was very nice, both food and environment but one really needs to buy some add-ons to have the full meal.
Service was most pleasant and we would certainly recommend it to others - just noting that it's comfortable rather than flash accommodation in keeping with the overall theme of the lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the spectacular Blue Mountains from the comfort and tranquility of the award winning Jemby Rinjah Eco Lodge. A unique Australian ecotourism escape in the heart of the Blue Mountains.Get back to nature & replace the phones ringing with birds singing....Situated in the heart of the World Heritage Listed Blue Mountains National Park and mere metres to some of the most glorious lookouts and bush walking trails in the world. Here at Jemby on 16 acres of unspoilt Australian bush we have two styles of Accommodation.Secluded Eco Bush Cabins all fully self contained with kitchenette and slow combustion fire. Group shared Lodges with 18 beds, 2 bathrooms, with Bbq on own private verandah. Jemby is the perfect home base for exploring the hidden gems of the Blue Mountains a home away from home.We pride ourselves on our Eco friendliness, comfy accommodation. No bells and whistles here, just the sound of mother nature calling. .Why not have your next work Conference or team building event here with us at Jemby,. With a fully equipped Conference Centre in a picturesque part of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Jemby-Rinjah Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jemby-Rinjah Eco Hotel Blackheath
- Jemby-Rinjah Eco Lodge Blackheath, Blue Mountains, Australia