Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2019

Checked in on Thursday, basic rooms, beds are comfortable, bathroom is clean and functional and coffee and milk supplied. No issues there…

However, two very basic yet critical things that I expect from any hotel I stay, is a breakfast and WiFi. Red Leaf has neither.

WiFi is actually non-existent and don’t believe them when they tell you that you are too far away from Reception, because even when you go to Reception to connect to WiFi it still is “unable to connect”… very poor with the technology available today.

However the most disappointing aspect was Friday morning when we went for breakfast, only to find that the restaurant was closed at 8:00am!!. We were told “we only open the kitchen when we have a bus in”. Same situation on Sunday morning so clearly customers are not welcome for breakfast unless you are on a group tour!

I have stayed at Redleaf with my Golf Society every October for the last 32 years, but I doubt I will stay a 33rd time with multiple other options and AirBNB available thesedays...

I felt an absolute lack of interest in us as customers …

Room tip: Handy to the golf course but nothing else...
Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Malcolm B
Reviewed October 13, 2019 via mobile

We found this property good value - with a a enclosed pool, games room, reading room and restaurant on site. Before booking ,I noted some critical reviews - but considering the property is half the price of other hotels in area - i found it good value and comfortable for a family expecting a motor lodge type experience with extra facilities. Leanne, manager obliged with a late check out and placing two rooms together for our family group.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed July 26, 2019 via mobile

We booked via the internet knowing that there was a swimming pool ,so my wife called to see if they supplied towels for the pool or If we needed to provide our own and apparently the swimming pool had a crack and it could not be used .the lady on the phone admitted that she was the owner was not apologetic in any way actually rude ,my wife explained the reason why we booked With her was because of the pool so our child could have a swim during the stay .
During this conversation with the apparent owner a lady in the back round yelled out give them there money back and they can F off .
My wife heard this foul language in the background and said that she just heard what was said but the owner would not admit to it .
I also spoke to to the apparent owner name starting with L and ending with E
Completely disgusted with her behavior and the man and lady in the background yelling out foul language.
She hung up on me purely because
Did not want to admit to the people in the background where actually there .
These people should show some respect to the costumers that spend money to keep there business operating .
We canceled via the internet provider .

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank mickg653
manager r, Manager at Redleaf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2019

Interesting how a situation can be fabricated to suit oneself, over a swimming pool that is closed for maintenance. I find it hard to understand that you were only coming to the mountains to swim in our pool. I must also add you forgot to mention the reason I defiantly did hang up on you, and would do it again in a heart beat. I heard you tell your wife to cover her ears...and this is what you said to me..and I quote
" I wish you bad karma, bad karma, bad karma, C...." Then you phoned back to abuse me for hanging up on you...when I told you I do not appreciate being spoken to in that way..you then informed me you said Punt!. interesting... You also forgot to mention I was very happy to refund your money and requested you call Expedia and cancel your booking, you then informed me to hang up first, as you were not going to hang up..as you wanted to tell people I hung up on you twice! I am not going to waste any more energy on this matter.

Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

Fabulous stay here with the family. Staff were amazing when we had to cancel our original booking, due to a medical emergency. We were able to rebook a few weeks later. Room was pretty good value. I wasn’t expecting 5 star luxury. Pool and games room got a good workout. The floor in the restaurant was terrific.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed January 19, 2019 via mobile

Don’t let the title ‘RESORT’ lure you into any false expectations, this is just a basic rundown motel, that is in desperate need of a major upgrade and so is the lack of greeting you (don’t receive) on check, I was made to feel that my sheer presence of turning up had inconvenienced them greatly.

Yes the people who run this establishment would benefit from some serious customer service training, indeed they need to turn over a new leaf!!!
I’m sorry to say check out was the same, just took the key, no hello, how was your stay have a nice day, thank you for choosing us!

Room needed an upgrade, my bed was so uncomfortable definitely needs replacing.
If you have back issues you won’t benefit from sleeping on one of these beds.

Toilet was so close to shower screen, you had to sit side on to use it.

Communal shampoo and conditioner dispensers with the same colour blue liquid, archaic and not good quality.

One positive thing the towels are a good size

Whoever does their social media responses, should be trained in the art of not lashing back at customers comments when they are not favorable.

I RESORT to NEVER staying here again

Plenty of other accommodation options in this beautiful town of Blackheath, I would give them a try!

Date of stay: January 2019