Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2020 via mobile

If I stay somewhere and am not happy, usually I’ll just forget it and move on. But I was really disappointed over this place.

There was never anyone at reception.

Reverse cycle unit in the room didn’t warm it up at all. Had it on the highest temperature and highest fan setting and we were still freezing.

Rooms were clearly not being cleaned properly. I found so much hair, crap on the floors everywhere and thick layers of dust.

Powerpoints near the bed were covered by the mattress. A fire hazard if I ever saw one!

Shower curtain had chunks of brown on both sides. I hate to think what that even was.

Shower head sprayed water in every different direction.

Paying over $100/night I feel ripped off, disgusting and dirty.

I’m sorry but this is just not right.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2020

On the plus side, the manager seemed to be a nice bloke and the price was on the upper end of budget accommodation, but there were a few problems with the room - the carpet outside the bathroom door was really soaking wet. Using the shower produced a puddle on the floor beside the toilet from leaking under the shower screen and the cold water shower tap was loose, had to be finger tightened to stop it falling off but it just worked loose again. The bed was very hard with no spare pillows so if you need more than one, bring your own. Internet connection was free but very, very slow. Better than sleeping in the car, but we will not be back.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed February 5, 2020

I am not one to complain for the sake of complaining. But Goldfields earned this review.

Without going into too much depth.

- There were no staff on site during our 4 day stay, the key was left in the door for us to enter ourselves

- The lobby was locked all weekend, with a phone number to call posted on the door

- When we called the number to clarify reservations and details, the owner Aaron, was belligerent and defensive, telling us to "take it up with our online booking site"

- The room was not what was booked through booking.com It read two bathrooms in the larger suite, there was only one

- Owner could not find our reservations through reservation confirmation code.

- Entering the suite, the rug appeared as though it wasn't properly vacuumed

- There was no air conditioner in second room

- The toilet had problems flushing #2

- The hot water handle of the shower faucet was broken

Happy days in Blayney !

Recommendations:

It was a busy event weekend for region so it appears that the hotel management wasn't prepared to accommodate that many guests. The owner of Goldfields also owns another in the town.

My suggestion would be to find accommodations in Bathurst.

Room tip: Not 13. It isn't as description.
Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2019

I went to Blayney for a family wedding! The manager is the rudest person I’ve ever spoken to, abusive and just a horrible person, he should not be in customer service. There wasn’t anyone at reception, I found a dirty bandaid in the covers of my newly cleaned room! The cleaners were nice and I felt very sorry they had to endure his nastiness. Do yourself a favour and look for another place it’s just terrible!!!!

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank Sandi J
Reviewed September 27, 2019 via mobile

On the way to Mildura we stopped here for the night. Room is good, shower awesome. Perfect for quick sleepover.
Easy to find, gardens looking lovely, now it’s time to check out the town.
Next time I’ll remember this place if I’m driving into country again.

Date of stay: September 2019