“Favourite restaurant in Blue Mountains”
Review of Nineteen23 - CLOSED

Nineteen23
Price range: US$36 - US$46
Cuisines: Australian, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Those visiting Nineteen23 can expect a regularly changing, seasonally-driven array of dishes (including vegetarian and gluten free options) that showcase produce from across the Blue Mountains and NSW Central Tablelands.Chef Max McKinnon has been Soux Chef for the past three years, and is formerly of Tetsuya's, Darleys ans solitary. Degustation menus also available. Nineteen23's marble topped tables, grand fire place and art deco chandeliers bring diners into the period ambience. Once there, they can enjoy the view to the Blue Mountains World Heritage Park and the Sydney CBD through huge picture windows and framed glass doors. Open for dinner Thursday through Sunday and for lunch on Saturday and Sunday. Private rooms available for group bookings.
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

Over the years have eaten at Nineteen23 many times and last Sat night my husband an I enjoyed another amazing degustation meal. It's Mon today and I am still thinking about the magical flavours of each dish although the stand out dish was definately the beef cheek pie which melted in ones mouth and was to die for. Degustation is one option but a la carte is also available. Great service and selection of wines.This restaurant never disappoints and for me and my husband remains our favourite restaurant in the Blue Mountains.

1  Thank ElizabethN

Reviewed October 13, 2017

Elegant dinner of high quality with charming service. My ocean trout was perfect! Chocolate dessert a dream. Happy to recommend.

1  Thank DyseSydney
Reviewed October 8, 2017

This restaurant is located in a large old family home built in 1923 and surounded by gardens with terrific views over the mountains. The food is excellent and also matched with very good wines. You can choose from the a la carte menu of the degustation menu both are excelent. The service is also outstanding with the waiter have an excellent knowledge of the menu, ingredients and the wine list. I highly recomend this resaurant for fine dining. because it is fine dining it is not cheap but the experience is worth it. I am amazed it is not a hatted resaurant.

1  Thank V9758VWstephenw
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend especially booked this place when we visited the blue mountains area. Though the rating seems a bit too high. I mean we love the fact it is in a guest house, so it doesn't cater to that many people. Maybe it's just the menu available to order from that didn't go well with what we were hoping to get.

Reviewed July 29, 2017

Nineteen23 has been our 'go to' restaurant when we are in the mountains for several years now and we have always been delighted with the quality of their food and the friendly and knowledgeable service. Yesterday however they excelled themselves. We chose Nineteen23 to celebrate a family reunion. We are a family of 10, 6 adults and 4 children and we couldn't have been better looked after. Everything was superb, from the friendly welcome and attentive service to the excellent seasonal menu, all in the beautiful grounds of Silvermere. Nothing was too much trouble right down to the special dessert created for the children and the great family photo taken by Karen! Our family had a wonderful day. Thank you Scott, Karen and chef Max for making it memorable.

3  Thank mjco2016