“Small place with delicious food”
Review of The Hub - CLOSED

The Hub
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Hub café is CURRENTLY CLOSED for winter break and will RE-OPEN sometime in the spring. Thank you so much to all of the patrons who came, wrote reviews shared our space and enjoyed our hospitality. See you again soon!!
Reviewed April 19, 2016

We ate at The Hub one evening. The food was delicious and very artfully presented. It was responably priced and bar service was available. Hours are very limited and the restaurant is small (this is a tiny town) so be prepared to eat on their schedule! The menu is limited ...perhaps 5 mains.

Reviewed April 5, 2016

We had tacos with salmons as appetizer: very good. Chicken with cheese was delicious. Wallaby mignos with a fantastic sauce. Vegetables and potatoes delicious as well. Dessert was pannacotta like it should be. And it is not expensive at all.

Reviewed March 24, 2016

We only called in to check the menu for another night, because we already had dinner plans for that night. But we finished up staying, because the menu looked great, and the host (Ilon) was extremely accommodating. The surroundings are ordinary, but the food was fantastic (shared entrée and wallaby medallions were excellent). One thing that won us was Ilon's reaction to our observation of the wine list - my wife and I like good wine but she only drinks one glass, and we were exploring Tassie wines by ordering by the glass anyway - they only had one red wine by the glass at $5, Ilon offered us a taste, and it was pretty ordinary, so we looked at the wine list and saw a local Norfolk Bay pinot noir which we had tried before and liked - without asking Ilon opened a bottle, said "try this, if you want you can have it for $8 a glass, and I'll finish the bottle" - wonderful subtle marketing, no pressure, and we were hooked. We stayed for dinner, and were very glad we did! Food and wine were wonderful! (Only lingering problem is back in Sydney I can't find Norfolk Bay wines on the internet for purchase here...).

Reviewed March 20, 2016

I really enjoyed this restaurant! It's situated above the water, and there is a nice deck to enhance the experience when the weather is good. The food is delicious, and the service was outstanding. We were warmly greeted and seated immediately (we had a booking...essential this time of year). There were a couple vegetarian options ( not always the case in Tasmania!), and I had the special (red pepper stuffed with quinoa). It was delicious, as was the side salad, capped off by an amazing apple tart. I had glass of wine - it was okay for a $5 glass of wine. One friend I was with has an aversion to red onion - the owner came out to verify what she could and could not have - nice touch versus assuming like other places did. The owner was friendly and joking with us - made sure we enjoyed the meal and the experience. I definitely recommend a meal here!

Reviewed March 5, 2016

This restaurant is rustic but appropriate to its location. The Hub is welcoming with gentle but attentive staff. Waiting personnel are drawn from Back Packers and WWOOFers who spend time in the Nubeena area.

The Hub draws on the local produce for its menu. The food is excellent quality and presented in a simple style.

Well worth a visit.