“Wonderfulmlittle cafe/bookshop”

Add it.
St Helens Books
Ranked #15 of 30 Restaurants in St Helens
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Very friendly and welcoming staff. Enjoyed a few hours on a rainy day sitting in the cozy cafe with delicious snacks and coffee.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

The one stop shop for "craic" (as the Irish say), coffee, cake, hearty home made soup (chicken my favourite), a soft seat to sit on (or couch if you prefer) and even better service. Always warmly welcomed by Clive and Veronica. A place often visited by my family and I, and when my mates from the mainland visit for road trips we are sure to stop here. Humble, honest and entertaining vibe.

2  Thank Grace E
Reviewed 29 December 2016

My fiancé and I called into this cafe for brunch, during the busy St Helens Christmas holiday period. I had the scallop pie with salad while my partner had the Caesar salad. All I can say is what a pleasure. The pie was filled with a large number of scallops and a well-spiced sauce while the contents of the salad was crunchy fresh and colourful. As for the Caesar salad, Helen couldn't finish it; there were large pieces of well cooked chicken, toast and lettuce in a tasty sauce. Will certainly be selecting those two choices again.

1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 12 November 2016

Very welcoming and cozy feel to the place. Books everywhere, as all good secondhand bookshops should be.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

I often pop in for a coffee with friends and am tempted by the most delicious savoury scones on the planet! I would also recommend the soup for a light lunch (actually very filling, served with a crusty roll). The toilets are nice too, which is a detail many cafes and restaurants don't worry about. It's also a novelty to be able to browse around the bookshop and buy a good secondhand book while you are there. Unlike most of the coffee shops in St Helens, this one has a lovely, grassed outdoor seating area.

1  Thank thelowes2011