“Below standards for a typical HI Express”

Holiday Inn Express Newark-Heath
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Heath
PA
“Below standards for a typical HI Express”
Reviewed 8 April 2011

I am a Priority Club member and am typically satisfied with the quality of the Holiday Inn Express hotels where I have stayed, but this particular hotel was below the standard. The lobby does not present the typical airy, open feeling and the one sliding door to enter did not leave a welcoming presence. The staff member was friendly and my reservation was ready.

I was hoping to enjoy the Final 4 Championship on a nice, flat screen TV, but an older model TV was in the room. I was also planning on completing some work that evening and one of the reasons I booked at a HI Express was that my previous stays at HI's always provided quick and easy access to the internet. The connection at this hotel required a password (called the front desk, supplied...no problem), but the connection was often dropped, slow response, etc. Finally just gave up and watched the game on the old TV.
The desk chair in the room was also extremely uncomfortable....appeared to be of just poor quality. The room did have a microwave and small refrigerator.

Breakfast was the typical HI Express, but the dining area was small and the food itself wouldn't rate as one of the better breakfast that I have had at an HIEx. This hotel is also located along a shopping district and so if you enjoy getting out for a walk, there isn't an easy pathway to a walking area.

Room was clean, bed and pillows were fine, but the overall experience isn't what I typically enjoy at this brand of hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank FernePa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Carmichaels
Reviewed 24 September 2010

What could all fifteen of us say !!!!! The very best, this staff is the greatest. Nothing bad to say about this hotel.
Acosta & Leeper just wanted to say thanks to all of them

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Hartville, Ohio
Reviewed 25 July 2010

We were traveling to the area for a family get together and had a wonderful stay. The room was clean and spacious and the staff was very friendly. We booked online using the advanced purchase option and got a suite for under $100 on a Saturday night. Very pleased with the whole experience!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 May 2010

Hotel is easy to get to and is close to restaurants & shopping. Friendly staff. Our room was immaculate, lots of pillows (soft and firm labels on the pillowcases). Nice continental breakfast. with nice selection of hot & cold items.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
ohio
Reviewed 10 March 2010

Yes our party caused damage to one of the rooms, but when they were questioned to provide verification of proof the amount went from $40 - $200 that would be charged to my acct. Then Melissa as well as other staff lied about actual comments/actions that were taken. We were moved to another room and made a request to have the dirty sheets changed and they wouldnt even come and change them. Then they said it was never requested...
WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank DNSohio
HolidayInnHeath, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newark-Heath, responded to this review, 19 March 2010
Dear travelers,

Myself and my staff are here to serve you. You are all the reason the Holiday Inn Express-Newark/Heath, Ohio continues to grow & succeed. I take every survey & review very seriously.
It is also a part of my job to keep my staff, guests, and hotel safe.
We have a very strict "no party" policy to try and avoid noise disturbances, and damage to our hotel. In the event that a guest would damage our hotel we do charge them for the full amount or a partial amount of the damages.
I am sorry for the person who worte this review, but I can not allow you to damage my hotel.
I have total confidence in my staff to provide you a clean and comfortable stay.
Please stop in and check us out yourself!
ohio
Reviewed 23 February 2010

I reserved rooms 6 months ago and was told today the rooms were not available any longer. I worked with the manager (Melissa) for months ensuring the rate and rooms. We were both on the same page, but because she found out a event was going on in town she chose to let give my rooms to someone else at a higher rate.

ALL ABOUT MAKING MONEY, NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank colsmike
My name is Terin Franks. I am the General manager of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.
I want to assure any travelers coming to our area that we would NEVER cancel a reservation or a group reservation to try to get a higher rate from another traveler. Our guests are our #1 priority.
Regular reservations have until 6pm on the day of arrival to cancel. For a group reservation we have a contract that you must complete that explains our policies. If for some reason we never receive a signed group contract back to us by its due date nor do we receive a returned phone call to verify your group reservation/ follow-up of when we can expect to receive the signed contract then yes we will cancel the group reservation on its cancellation date.
It is not fair to other travelers who need a place to stay for us to hold 10+ rooms aside with no assurance to us that the group will arrive. Especially during a special event when travelers have filled up all our area hotels and are also staying in other cities because they could not get closer.
We try to make a group reservation process as simple as possible for you. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me personally at 740-522-0770.
We take great pride in our hotel and the service we provide to our guests. We are committed to you!
Harrison City, PA
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We were very pleased with our stay at this Holiday Inn. My husband booked the hotel and we are always very budget minded when we go away. For the price we paid, I did not realize we were staying in a two room suite. This was the most spacious hotel stay for our family of 4 we have ever had for such a price. The room was exceptionally clean. The staff was very nice. Breakfast was very good. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heath
0.9 km away
The Granville Inn
#1 of 2 in Granville
38.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Zanesville North

Been to Holiday Inn Express Newark-Heath? Share your experiences!