Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland
Agoda.com
US$129
US$125
Country Inn
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Having a family member in the hospital in Toledo, I needed a room for one night. I checked TripAdvisor and then the motel discount booklets.

When I pulled into the parking lot I wondered if this property was still opened or had been abandoned for a couple years...it was that run down and vacant looking.

I told the clerk at the desk what type of room I needed and specified the person traveling with me had respiratory problems and the room couldn't have any funky odors. She brainstormed and told me there was one room that wasn't rented often and that would be a good bet. She agreed to let me check the room out before I paid and registered. When she opened the door, the odor liked to have knocked me down. She immediately closed the door and said we should look at a couple rooms on the other side of the property. Those rooms were little better but not much. While I appreciate her trying and being nice about things, there's no way I would have stayed at this property as filthy and smelly as those rooms were. $5.00 a night would have been a rip-off.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank gto64
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Not one of the renovated Red Roof Inns, but very clean and reliable staff. Rate is hard to beat and I remember the staff each time I've stayed here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed here 1 night the end of July 2011. Came in to see the Mudhens play.

Booked a non-smoking room with 2 double beds. Arrived early (Thursday) and room was ready, hotel appeared to be not very busy.

Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Staff was very friendly as well. Place was nothing special but the price was very good.

Building and room are a bit dated, but it was clean.

If your looking for an inexpensive place that is clean, that is what you will get. No extras.

Recommend seeing the Mudhens, very nice ballpark.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway to reduce noise. Stay away from sites like Hotels.com
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I had to find a safe hotel quickly after my daughter had an emergency. I looked online from out of state and called Red Roof Inn. The desk clerk Myrna was so helpful and reassuring! She walked me through the process, and arranged a wake up call and cab for the next morning.
Everyone was so kind at Red Roof Inn, and the room was so clean and quiet, my daughter felt very safe after a terrible ordeal.
Thank you Red Roof Inn!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
LSCOTT058, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn in Holland. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your stay. We hope your daughter is doing well!

Reviewed September 20, 2010

Kept awake much of the night due to noises from apparent party outside, and freeway racket. And cigarette smoke drifting into my room from outside via the A/C. Beer cans , cigarette butts and other trash littered the grounds. They need a grounds keeper to check on the property during the evening.
Addresses and instructions provided by RR were incorrect, causing an additional hour added to my trip after 8 hour day. Since I spent more than $500 at RedRs on my trip across the midwest, I was told that I could use my 'free night' for my final night's stay. All that was needed was to make a simple call to the customer line when I reached my destination.
I made the 'simple call' and was told the office wasn't open on Sundays past 8 PM, and would remain closed for the following day, Labor Day.

In the future, I will think very seriously about ever staying with RED Roof again, and would advise others to do so as well.
Unless, that is, you know exactly how to find your hotel, and have NO NEED for any assistance whatsoever from the 'help' lines.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo