“A Good Value”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Holland
Marion, Indiana
“A Good Value”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have stayed numerous times at this Red Roof and have found it a good value each visit. The property is well-maintained, and the front desk staff is very helpful. If you have a pet, there is lots of green space too accommodate pet needs. The motel does back right up against Interstate 475 so rooms on that side have road noise. What seems to vary a lot is mattress firmness in their rooms. I had a two-bed deluxe room a year ago that had the most comfortable mattress I have ever had a in a motel room. I booked the same room type for my most recent stay and had one of the most uncomfortable mattresses that I have ever experienced due to its hardness. Nonetheless, I will stay there again for the value and convenience of the place.

Room Tip: Try to book a room on the street side rather than the Interstate side of the building if you are a l...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Loves Park, Illinois
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We needed a room just for an overnight stop. I checked online and it was 40 dollars, decided to book in the morning and go to bed. When I woke up in the morning all the sites were charging five dollars more for the room. I did not have a lot of time to look for something else, and based on the reviews I didn't think much of it. My biggest and only complaint was the sink and the shower were dirty. Cleanliness of a hotel is my biggest concern when traveling. The shower you could barely see the dirt and soap line but it was there. Needless to say I did not shower. I would have been dirtier when I got out. Also under the beds it looked like it had not been vaccumed in two years. My point being is that by the time the price went up I could have paid five to ten dollars more and got a higher end chain with breakfast. All they served was coffee. So next time we go through Toledo I will spend a little more money. To me any room that is dirty is not worth the price you pay, no matter how cheap it is.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
OHIO
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Having a family member in the hospital in Toledo, I needed a room for one night. I checked TripAdvisor and then the motel discount booklets.

When I pulled into the parking lot I wondered if this property was still opened or had been abandoned for a couple years...it was that run down and vacant looking.

I told the clerk at the desk what type of room I needed and specified the person traveling with me had respiratory problems and the room couldn't have any funky odors. She brainstormed and told me there was one room that wasn't rented often and that would be a good bet. She agreed to let me check the room out before I paid and registered. When she opened the door, the odor liked to have knocked me down. She immediately closed the door and said we should look at a couple rooms on the other side of the property. Those rooms were little better but not much. While I appreciate her trying and being nice about things, there's no way I would have stayed at this property as filthy and smelly as those rooms were. $5.00 a night would have been a rip-off.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank gto64

Travellers are raving about these Holland hotels

Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Not one of the renovated Red Roof Inns, but very clean and reliable staff. Rate is hard to beat and I remember the staff each time I've stayed here.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Strathroy
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Stayed here 1 night the end of July 2011. Came in to see the Mudhens play.

Booked a non-smoking room with 2 double beds. Arrived early (Thursday) and room was ready, hotel appeared to be not very busy.

Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Staff was very friendly as well. Place was nothing special but the price was very good.

Building and room are a bit dated, but it was clean.

If your looking for an inexpensive place that is clean, that is what you will get. No extras.

Recommend seeing the Mudhens, very nice ballpark.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway to reduce noise. Stay away from sites like Hotels...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Redwood City, California
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I had to find a safe hotel quickly after my daughter had an emergency. I looked online from out of state and called Red Roof Inn. The desk clerk Myrna was so helpful and reassuring! She walked me through the process, and arranged a wake up call and cab for the next morning.
Everyone was so kind at Red Roof Inn, and the room was so clean and quiet, my daughter felt very safe after a terrible ordeal.
Thank you Red Roof Inn!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
LSCOTT058, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland, responded to this review, 14 February 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn in Holland. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your stay. We hope your daughter is doing well!
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Kept awake much of the night due to noises from apparent party outside, and freeway racket. And cigarette smoke drifting into my room from outside via the A/C. Beer cans , cigarette butts and other trash littered the grounds. They need a grounds keeper to check on the property during the evening.
Addresses and instructions provided by RR were incorrect, causing an additional hour added to my trip after 8 hour day. Since I spent more than $500 at RedRs on my trip across the midwest, I was told that I could use my 'free night' for my final night's stay. All that was needed was to make a simple call to the customer line when I reached my destination.
I made the 'simple call' and was told the office wasn't open on Sundays past 8 PM, and would remain closed for the following day, Labor Day.

In the future, I will think very seriously about ever staying with RED Roof again, and would advise others to do so as well.
Unless, that is, you know exactly how to find your hotel, and have NO NEED for any assistance whatsoever from the 'help' lines.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holland
0.4 km away
9.0 km away
Red Roof Inn Toledo - University
4.5 km away
Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee

Been to Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland? Share your experiences!