“Weathered - need renovations”

Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Desk clerk very pleasant and helpful. Room had damp wrinkled carpet pulling away from walls. Needed replacement. Tiny TV that lost signal from satellite. One of the few Red Roofs I have stayed at recently that appears to have had no renovations. Price reflects that as lower than others in area.

Room Tip: Avoid I-475 side - very noisy
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank dhpark2016

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

This place is gross. Manager is rude u get repercussions for commenting on a survey in was there for a few months bc I was waiting for my place to be done. In process housekeeping is horrible and all family . Health department will close this down so everyone STAY AWAY... dirty place rude housekeeping and rude staff. Charlene is the worse and i heard she's getting a raise ....what this place is needing is a call to INS and the health and code department. Don't ever stay here..... Channels suck tv cuts out. I left there and went to a better red roof hotel. They had falty pipes clogged pipes with globs of hair..... Carpet was so sorry u couldn't walk barefoot..... Over night clerk puts up a sold out sign so him and his fat wife can talk he don't wanna deal with ppl so he puts up a sold out sign.... Seriously these ppl need to be fired and bring in new people stay away from this place... Cops came there for prostitution and when u tell front desk she don't care bc it's her kind..... Seriously worse hotel ever keep kids and animals away u will get sick my newborn did bc of the room.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda h
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

We have waited an hour until someone came to help us check in, it's smells like dead body!!, there is no refrigerator!!, Ice cube machine is not working!!, all the food that I brought can't eat it anymore, A/C is absolutely not cold. Everybody please don't go there!!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2016

We spent two consecutive nights at this motel while vising family in the area. Overall, it was a good experience. It's been quite a while since our last stay at a Red Roof. This one was a little better than we'd anticipated and the price was more than competitive. If we ever stay in the area again, we'd probably choose the same motel. That's not to say it didn't have problems. It wasn't as clean as my wife would have liked and the refrigerator was marginal. We found the bed comfortable and really liked the grab bar next to the tub in the bathroom. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2016

The staff of this location is ALWAYS friendly and anxious to provide good service. This is why I always use this location when staying in Toledo. There are other hotels that may have more 'perks' but am sure no one else offers such personal service.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

This is by no means ever going to be a comparable choice to the ritz, but then again you should know that. It is what it is a cheap place to spend the night as you pass through. I have stayed in worse and I have stayed in better which is why I gave it a 3. For the price you're going to have a hard time finding a much nicer place, but if you want to pay more I'm sure you can find a nicer place to stay.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2016

It was getting late and we found this place, she said she only had rooms with 2 doubles and we really wanted to stretch out (there as 4 of us) so I took 2 rooms and went to go and eat well we went to one room and thought the beds are big enough for all of us so I went down and waited in line (it was always a long wait) to see if I could get our money back on one room we never went in, she said no it was too late (1 hour went by since I booked the room) anyhow, lesson learned and the people in front of me got their room billed twice (good thing they checked their email). The rooms were old and stinky ( but the price was cheap so......), no breakfast and a lot of people were hanging out of their rooms smoking...yuck...

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holland
9 km away
0.5 km away
Courtyard Toledo Airport Holland
0.3 km away
Extended Stay America - Toledo - Holland

Been to Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland? Share your experiences!