“Christmas dinner”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State Route 303
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Outstanding food and outstanding service love the place would return for a special occasion. Oh so very cool Decor

Reviewed June 16, 2018

My wife and I ate here recently for dinner. Unfortunately we were kind of disappointed.

The place is rather charming looking, like an old wine cellar, though also a little short on the air conditioning and rather loud. The staff were uniformly friendly and attentive.

The menu was kind of your standard steaks and chops and similar American fare, and didn't seem particularly imaginative

My wife and I split a chicken rillette appetizer. it is sort of like a pate, but not a nice firm one, it was sort of fatty chicken spread in a jar. It wasn't bad with the mustard and pickled vegetables, but avoid if you don't like fat.

She had a chopped salad, which she liked. I had the lobster bisque soup special. It was rich and had a lot of lobster, and was made from a surprisingly dark roue, but it was very over salty.

She had the hanger steak and I had the pork chop. She liked the steak, but it wasn't fantastic. The pork was very tender, but also was very salty.

That and each had a glass of wine was over $150 with the tip. At $25 a person I would have been thrilled; at $50 a person I would have been content, but I was disappointed at $75 a person.

I probably won't be back.

Reviewed February 12, 2018

My husband and I just went here for an early Valentines Day, and the meal and experience were perfection. The homemade bread with honey butter; the wine; a fabulous salad with arugula, cherries, and granola; the scallops were tender, thick, and plump, and the Pan Perdue (desert French Toast) was "to die for!" Its cozy, romantic, a great place to meet with friends as well. The waitress, the manager - all welcoming, warm, and friendly. One of the best restaurants in the area! If you dont go for a meal, consider going for wine and select something from their amazing cheese plates; or eat on one of the high top tables for desert and coffee. You won't be sorry!

Reviewed January 27, 2018

It had been several years since we have dined at Downtown 140; we decided to get an early dinner recently and were not disappointed. I would recommend booking a reservation on a busy evening although we did not and were seated quickly because of the early hour. The options for seafood were diverse..and appeared on the printed specials menu with several other items. All the food was very good from soup to desert and was served at a perfect pace so we had ample time to enjoy our wine and finish each course that we ordered. My advice is to plan on spending a while enjoying a nice leisurely meal; if you go 'all in' as we did plan on taking your time and 'racking up' your bill. Well worth it!

Reviewed October 25, 2017

Have dined here a few times. Great for romantic dinners of business discussions. The staff is welcoming and very well informed. The food is outstanding: whether the fish or the meat, you cannot go wrong. I'll keep coming back!

Been to Downtown 140? Share your experiences!