“If you are looking for great italian food, try Marconi's”

Marconi's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Huron
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2018

We were visting Huron for the first time, and our hosts suggested we try Marconi's. They didn't steer us wrong. Excellent variey of entrees from the standard Italian fare to some unusual offerings. I had the Ravioli stuffed with artichokes; it was served with an aioli sauce which included olives and garlic. The bread was fresh and it was a delight. Another had Pollo de Parma and another lasagna. We were all quite pleased with our choices. They offer half size portions also which is nice especially when traveling.

Reviewed December 30, 2017

Have not been here in a long time and love their outdoor seating area. Was in the Sandusky area for some shopping and did not want fast food. Stopped here with the family and as always, great food.

Hailey our server was terrific, great personality and extremely efficient. I had the Chicken Parm/Lasagna/Alfredo combo with chicken, family had eggplant parmesan and linguini with clam sauce. We all opted for the soup of the day over a salad, and it was THE BEST Garlic Cream of Mushroom that I ever had and would KILL to get the recipe!! Not overpowering, cream-based with the right amount of mushrooms and it was a chilly night, so it hit the spot.

The food, as always, was delicious and the only complaint I had was the chicken on the alfredo--it was dry and not cut into strips like I have had elsewhere, and how I make myself, rather some type of chicken medallion and just was not what I expected. Aside from that, it was a good meal. Everyone was full, so we passed on the tempting looking desserts in the dessert tower near the side dining room.

Can't wait to come back during the warmer weather when the outside will be open again. Reading other reviews about Marconi's on here, I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone has a beef about this place. They have been around for a long time, which speaks that they must be doing something right. The interior was nicely appointed I think, the carpeting did not smell as one person said, and the place was quite busy for a weeknight. Guess you can't please them all, but I have eaten here many times when living in the Sandusky area and before and have always had excellent food and service here. Thanks, Martello family and keep up the good job, Best of everything in the New Year!!!

Reviewed October 17, 2017

Excellent meal! Aimee was our server and managed to keep all our separate checks straight. Food was delicious--great appetizers (Goat Cheese Bruschetta, bacon and spinach arancine, and another arancine) and entrees were large portions with great flavor. My pollo gorgonzola was so flavorful and the leftovers were good the next day! Everyone in our party was impressed with both the food and the service.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

We were 4 couples(8) for dinner with separate checks. Zack, our waiter, was superb. He knew the menu, kept the checks correct, and service was on the mark. There is an ace selection of Italian food well beyond the usual offerings. Our 8 orders covered a wide range, lasagna, veal parm, spaghetti, portobello chicken fettuccine, etc. There is a new wine list and a nice dessert selection. There is a build your pasta option that gives you a wide range of options. The penne with sausage & meatballs is a winner. Prices are reasonable and you will not leave hungry. This is not a high end experience. You will not find a linen table cloth. The decor is comfortable & welcoming. You can have a discussion at your table without having to contend with any restaurant noise. $50 will cover dinner for two with 2 glasses of wine and tip. We will be back.

1  Thank NOBIGTOE
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Lovely old fashioned style Italian restaurant with atmosphere. Staff was friendly and helpful. Bread with olive oil served with meal. Meals were delicious with large portions. Do have a pick up window for take out.

Been to Marconi's Restaurant? Share your experiences!