All reviews room was clean continental breakfast hear people walking smoking room biscuits and gravy highway pet motel reunion dog seasons rates
Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

We had our annual reunion in Jackso and stayed at the hotel for the sixth straight year Patty and our staff go out of thier way to make this special every year.The hotel is clean and they still have smoking rooms

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
RRI635, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2018

We look forward every year for your reunion. We have gotten to know you so well, its like our reunion also. I am glad to hear you enjoyed you stay and I will be sure to let the staff know also. Thank you so much for staying with us here at Red Roof Inn Jackson, Ohio. We are looking forward to next year.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was full, we got one of the last few rooms. Unfortunately it was a major waste of money. We got Little to no sleep. The beds were uncomfortable, the pillows worse. There was a spot light shining in the window all night. The very worst part was the smell of smoke (marijuana) that flooded the hallway, stairwell and guest room. We spoke to other guests in the morning who shared the same experience with the smoke.
The room was small (two double beds) with a very little bathroom (sink outside of restroom).
Very disappointing for a $122 room!!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MidwestVacationMomma
Reviewed March 17, 2018

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last weekend while meeting half way with my mother and father in law. Since we were traveling with our dogs and there was no fee for the pets, we decided this was the best option. I felt as though the rate which I booked online of $79 was a bit high for a Red Roof Inn, as you can normally find rates around $50, but the convenience of this hotel being on the halfway point from Northern Illinois and Coastal North Carolina made the rate okay.

The hotel did offer free breakfast and coffee as well, which was welcomed before hitting the road in the morning. The room was clean. I did book a smoking room, because my mother-in-law smokes. The upstairs, which is the smoking floor did have the smells associated with smoking, which is to be expected, but people with sensitivities should beware of having a second floor room.

My issue came upon check out. When I checked in, I said something about my mother and father in law meeting us at the hotel shortly. She asked how many people would be in the room and I told her four. Apparently I had inadvertently not selected four adults when I made the reservation online. I was more concerned about booking a room with two beds. The front desk receptionist did not let me know that this would increase my quoted rate, and I then found out at checkout that I was charged $102 and not $79+tax which was my quoted rate when booking. I contacted the management team and they were helpful in the situation. He told me that it is Red Roof's policy to charge by the number of guests and not the room type. He also refunded the difference to my card for the lack of communication by the front desk clerk.

Overall, I would stay here again on a quick overnight stop over. I will just be sure to select the correct number of guests when booking.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ferdusing
RRI635, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Hello I just wanted to take the time and thank you for choosing our hotel as your half way point. I am also so very sorry for not being told how our rates work. Our rate does increase by the number of adults that stay in the rooms. If you booked online we at the front desk are unable to change the rate you were given. I am not sure what happened but I am very happy you were refunded your money. Thanks for sharing your experience and I hope your next stay with us will be much better.

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

This place looks new and should be sparkly clean but it seems they only clean around the middle and leave the edges un touched. lots of small debris all around the room and in the corridors. Early evening was noisy, not much insulation in the floors we could hear people walking overhead and doors closing but it did quiet down by ten pm or so.
It needs landscaping badly, and a pool would be nice.
no hand rail for getting into the shower, and it sure is in the middle of no where. But its easy on and off the highwaythe coffee was excellent and plentiful and the help very friendly and helpful. I would not NOT recommend it, just think it could be much better with some attention to detail.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane H
Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

Kind of in the middle of what appeared to be nowhere but the staff directed us to a steakhouse less than a mile away. Hotel is conveniently located off US 35, quiet. Sparse continental breakfast but the coffee was good & hot. Red Roof Inns are pet friendly too so that's an added bonus. The room was clean & met our needs.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
RRI635, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2017

Dear "Overnight Stay"

My staff and myself are glad that your needs were met during your stay. We take pride in knowing that our staff met you with friendliness as well as helpfulness.

We appreciate your kindness and hope to see you again soon. Always be assured we here at Red Roof Inn are lucky to have you as a guest with us.

RRI635