“Great place to stay on Kelleys for families”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kelleys Island
Kelleys Island Venture Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kelleys Island
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Have been here multiple times with my family. Always a very clean room. Always welcome and friendly staff. Brought the baby last time, and they had a pack and play ready for her, as we requested.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Mary Beth P

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I feel this is the only place to stay on the island because it is new. Rooms are clean. Has great amenities. Pool is very nice. It is a hotel feel in a good way. The front desk is very accommodating. The location is great. Very peaceful night's sleep there too.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank marie c
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I went to this resort/Kelley's Island for our mini honeymoon and have been back every year since on our anniversary. I was shocked at the reviews complaining of poor customer service. The staff as always been wonderful when we are there. They shuttle us back and forth to the ferry. It does get a little loud in the wee hours of the night when the bars close but we expected that. Overall I think that the rooms are very clean and nice. It is expensive to stay there but my husband and I like the atmosphere of Kelley's Island so well it is worth the extra money. We will be back every year in August for sure!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cyndi R
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Complained at least 4 times about the noisy children upstairs, and management's only response was "we talked to them"-by 11:00PM we had enough and went to confront the upstairs persons and police were called on us!!
The Topper was when we we asked to leave by the police!!
Do yourselves a favor and do not go there if you are looking for a quiet stay!!

Room Tip: go someplace else
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank James K
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We stayed here the first weekend in Oct. The hotel was very nice, the weather was not. The room was real nice, there was a hot tub outside near the pool. The pool was closed of course but the hot tub is nice and large. The only thing I could say is that I wish the hot tub area was open during the hours stated in the hotel handbook, it said 9am-10pm but it didnt open until after noon, it may not have opened at all if I hadnt called. The people were very nice and helpful there. If you plan on going off season be aware alot of the places are not open!! This is not only Sun. but Mon. too. All in all, I will be back, next time with my grandson, he would like to swim and play putt putt and ride in a golf cart.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room, glaciar suite rm 227 it was on the second floor with a nice view of the pool...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank catwoman71158
Reviewed 19 September 2011

This motel was very clean, great location, the staff was great!!!! I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ddolphinlovr
Reviewed 16 September 2011

2 Hr drive from the Detroit area and totally worth it. First time on Kelleys Island and staying there, but it won't be my last. Beautiful grounds, pool and hot tub. Only snag was the bathroom situation in the suites. If you are traveling with other couple(s). We stayed in the Iroquois suite, which was lovely and spacious. However, the second floor does not have it's own bathroom and to access it you have to walk past or through the downstairs sleeping area so there is not total privacy for the first floor sleeping area. That being said, we will still be coming back and currently planning a return trip. Excellent for relaxation!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
10.0 km away
Commodore Resort
Commodore Resort
#3 of 7 in Put in Bay

Been to Kelleys Island Venture Resort? Share your experiences!